I am in search of a 3 way head for use with arca swiss 4x5 and 8x10 cameras. After playing around with the 1570m I started to wonder how one is to mount a arca swiss type clamp to the head to facilitate the attachment of the arca swiss optical bench/camera. The horizontal/mounting platform of the 1570m is very large and the clamp tightening knob would likely not clear the platform (its too short). The solution might be raising the clamp a bit using a spacer.. but this seems like an awkward solution that adds an additional weakness in head stability. It would be nice to have a clamp run all the way along the platform itself, but this, in addition to the extra long tightening knobs, would perhaps need to be custom designed..??

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience on/with how to best adapt an arca swiss clamp to the 1570m head?

Furthermore, I have noticed that the left/right tilt handle on the head was significantly smaller than the fore/aft handle which impacted on the degree of finesse one had at disposal in controlling the left/right tilt.

Can the left/right handle be replaced by a longer one? Any experience or suggestions on how that might best be done?

Cheers,

Marko