Thread: Hello from New York City

Hello from New York City

Hello, my name is Edmond and I am very much new to large format. I have been working in photography sporatically as a hobby / art for 13 years. Even when I was living in my car travelling as a young man and gave up most material possessions I kept my printing equipment and my camera and used friends or acquaintences houses to print when I could. I have studied at the San Francisco Art Institute, International Center of Photography and many many workshops since the age of 13. These days I have been shooting mostly medium format though lately 35mm as well, and of course my new (to me) Cambo 45SL 4x5. Professionally I do lighting for television and live events. I shoot artwork meant for projection for some of my live shows, and am working on a body of photographic work that has proven to be very demanding. I am very happy to have found this forum, it has made for some great reading. Thank You

Widows and Orphans Beware

Re: Hello from New York City

Welcome. I'm also in NYC, at least by day. I live right across the river. Although things sometimes get a little silly here, it's a priceless repository of information that you just can't find anywhere else. There are thousands of years of accumulated experience wandering around here everyday.

Mike

Hello Mike, I see you replied to my worm question. Where in NJ are you? I must confess I was born in NYC but now live in Union City with my wife, so I suspect we are close... If you think my problem is dust then I would be in to showing you some examples, if you have a minute for a cuppa, I think you can email me through this forum? haven't looked yet, still my first day here. Thanks a lot for the note

Hi Edmond3 and welcome to the best LF forum on the planet!