Something which has long both puzzled and amused me is the importance so many people attribute to cameras as apposed to lenses. Not that lenses aren't considered crucial but how often do you hear "Well I've got this incredible 200mm 6,8 Grandagon attached to some kind of Swiss 8x10". which really would make more sense to me.

To my way of thinking a sophisticatd lens is technically far more interesting than any camera. The complication and precision are often breathtaking and certainly contribute more than a little to the success of the final photograph / image. Camera design really hasn't gone anywhere for well over a hundred years and frankly the sight of a modern high-tech lens on say an Ebony looks ubsurd to me.

So shouldn't a Hasselblad SWC/M really be called a Zeiss Biogon instead? Seems logical to me. But for some reason it's always the camera name that's dominant. And please don't bore me with comments about how car tires are at least as important as the car they support. It's not quite the same. Or is it ?