Thread: Photo Storage

Photo Storage

There's a free site that allows 250mb storage of photos with direct web view.
    I uploaded some today and it looks good. Also a PDF file contact sheet can be made. (www.fotopic.net) Check it out.

Photo Storage

Not to be critical or rain on your parade, so to speak, Tony, but my experience on the Internet has been consistent with the old expression, "There are no free lunches". There are myriad sites that offer "free" image hosting, but while storage is relatively cheap, bandwidth usage (the flow of bytes each time the image is accessed) costs serious money. Thus, such sites usually pay their expenses by some combination of pop-up ads and frequently restricting access or use of the images, so that viewers also have to pass through the advertising. Often, they also require viewers to "register" to see the images, and thus collect e-mail addresses they can sell to others for e-mail marketing purposes.

Depending on what one wants to do with Web-accessible images, it is often better to simply pay for image-hosting services that have few or no restrictions. The service that hosts my domain, for example, has service packages as low as $3.95/month.

Photo Storage

I thought the group could use a site such as the one I mentioned for posting photos that for whatever reason must be viewed,such as a technical problem. The photo can be removed at any time after comments. Also registering with an alternate email address would minimize any spam. I didn't intend to use the site for image-hosting but rather for a temporary post with direct web access.