Thread: a-ha ?!

a-ha ?!

Hello LFF and APUG !

..so this is how it feels ! .. this strangely dim and inverted world ! .. its utter simplicity - to simply sit there in all earnestness and leave the process of seeing (and then making) entirely to me !

did you also make your first on a polaroid ? after choosing a subject which you thought "come on, it should be so easy to shoot this" ? and then run to key in "heck, how to make polaroid images under tungsten light (without immersing the frame in an yellow sea)" in the search box ? and then, next morning, hop around like a rabbit, when you see green as green and blue as blue in a white-bordered frame ?

did your wife (who makes very intellectual and high-abstract images) also look strangely at why i felt the fence, the yard or the earth-mover across the street have suddenly become so creative for a composition ? or, glare unbelievably "you gonna carry __this__ up the mountain in our next hike?" question right below her brows* ?

did you also have that raw-purist-resolve somewhere deep in your tummy that you will not take a digital photo of your first ever analog shot ? [and then scheme an immediate-widening of the big hole in your pocket so it can fit in that best scanner you can afford ? (and thereby also transform whatever was below those brows* into two balls of fire ..?) ]

there is definitely something too very very very special about making things by assembling and touching pure machinery, going about all those motions till you hear a sweet jewel-like unwinding of the copal .. !

it is going to take a while before i post something that i "make" .. but damn, i feel like celebrating my birth here-today !!

greetings to you all! and a toast of photons (from the city of bergen, where clouds very occasionally give visas to those photons wanting to touch down)!,

;-p r a b u!

( who is sensing his rabbit-genes are actually on "sinaroids" ! )

(Shrek)

Re: a-ha ?!

You won't think it's so simple after reading a 12-page argument here over the difference between 'angle of view' and 'angle of coverage' or the merits of the 'zone system' and meter calibration...

Although it really is all pretty simple, except for the part where you make all kinds of mistakes and screw up 'easy' shots. My wife laughs at me and constantly switches the digital camera to the little green 'auto' square. She's had a lot more training than I have.

I would suggest you show your wife images made by "Stephane" down in Oslo - or by "Gandolfi" in the north of Jutland.
    This will stimulate her intellectual interest in non-digital.

oops.. i meant to say: after choosing a subject which you thought "come on, it should be so easy to shoot this", and then struggle with the feeble illumination on the back, somehow manage to get a so-so sharpness and decide to breathe: "now, this should be good enough a start", wait for the pod to mix the chemicals, peel it open only to run and key in "how to make..."

@Jody: looks like my edit window did some magic and erased a bulk of the line !
    @Steven: i would admit my wifey is probably way creative than me .. and she makes her wonderful works with a total lack of ado about making them ! She is herself waiting to get back to film! of course, she would be pretty annoyed hiking up with a sinar ! :-)

Welcome Prabuvenkat.
    I heard that in Bergen, it rains so much, by the end of the year people actually get exited about it because they're hoping to break a record for most raining days.

Anyway, shoot away before winter hits you!
    ... and then keep shooting
    "I am a reflection photographing other reflections within a reflection. To photograph reality is to photograph nothing." Duane Michals