Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Film changing bag or tent...

Re: Film changing bag or tent...

Certainly the price of the Chinese ones is attractive. I may try it.

Vick

Much will depend on where you plan to use the tents Ari. I have a Photoflex tent and the interior volume is great but the spring hoops make it impractical for field use imo so doesn't get used very much anymore. The Harrison/ Shadow Box style could use more height (=volume) but they pack smaller and can be strapped to a pack.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Thanks, Fred; my hiking is mostly restricted to the urban variety, so the changing bag stays at home/hotel.

I have 2 of the Fuji FDB-12...one is pristine for loading film holders - 8x10 and 11x14 are a snap. I have a well used one I keep near the Jobo for unloading into the drums. These are bit of a beast for transporting on location though. I am looking into a Jumbo Harrison for trips away when I dont want to carry this Fuji Dark-House with me. ha!

If you need a changing tent and want to be very lightweight, you can load pretty effectively down in a sleeping bag in dim light. You can also take a harrison tent minus the poles and use it as a bag. Or, if loading with your darkbag falling onto your hands and film all the time bothers you, you can take a harrison tent without the poles and use a bit of cord to hold the peak up by tying it up to the ceiling of your tent.

I have a Photoflex [ think] tent, using it for 120 films loading, and i used it to load 4x5 sheets too without issues, love it and zero regret.

re: hanging the Harrison, that's a great tip Christopher, that would make a big difference on backpacking trips !
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I have a Photoflex as well, and it's been fantastic for loading 4x5, and unloading everything else. haven't seen the chinese ones, but I really don't like the Calumet ones at all.