Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Question for 65mm f8 Super Angulon Owners

Re: A Question for 65mm f8 Super Angulon Owners

Do you have a Fresnel screen on your camera? If so take your lightmeter and meter directly through the GG.

1 Put a piece of tape over the aperture scale (tape that hides the old scale and that you can mark on).
    2 Next set-up an evenly lit grey card and meter it with a good exposure meter, note the exposure at ISO 100.
    3 Now read the same grey card through the GG with the meter (best to have a microscope adapter on it if they make it for your meter.
    4 There will be a difference in exposure between the first reading and the second. That is from the light absorbtion of your gg and fresnel (be far enough from the card when metering through the gg to avoid any bellows factor).
    5 If the difference is one stop set 2x as a factor on your meter.
    6 Now open the aperture to wide open and start to close it down till your meter reads f8. Make a mark where the aperture pointer is on the tape.
    7 Close down till the meter reads f11 make a mark. Keep going till you get to the smallest aperture.
    8 Now mark the aperture values on the tape where you made your marks. You now have a calibrated scale.

Since you might be outside or other places where the marks may get soiled put a piece of clear, sel-adhesive laminate over the tape to protect it. Any stationary store will have it.

Or

Give the lens, in shutter, to a camera repairman and let them do it for you. Usually they can engrave a new scale if they are available for your shutter.

Thanks.

I can laser engrave a new scale myself once I know where to put the numbers! (which I do now).. I just took the old scale off hoping that the rear was black (painted or anodised). It wasn't! I was hoping to just laser ablate the paint or anodising off. Now I will either have to paint it or make a new one from something else.

Steve.

renes

Does someone know what was original lens hood for SA 65mm f/8? I have just bought this lens and would like to find shade for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I'm not that surprised as the lens elements were from an 80mm Componon which is an enlarging lens which you wouldn't expect to be fitted to a shutter.
    Actually, all of the Componons - from 28mm right up to 360mm - could be purchased in shutter, probably for macro as you suggest.