Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Efke woes

Efke woes

Apologies if this has been posted already...

Looks like Efke are no longer producing film: Bad news for Adox CHS series films initially, but it appears that Adox are going to become self sufficient in due course. Just as well imho, I can't survive without CHS25!

http://lavidaleica.com/content/fotok...fects-efkeadox

Also, AGPhotographic here in the UK confirm the above.

renes

Re: Efke woes

I love CHS 25, my main film! Time to make huge buy.

There's not a huge supply to buy unless you do it right now and verify it..Freestyle in the US is talking im terms of five to ten boxes only of most products..

Quote Originally Posted by evan clarke View Post
    There's not a huge supply to buy unless you do it right now and verify it..Freestyle in the US is talking im terms of five to ten boxes only of most products..
    This is true. The supply on hand is being bought up very quickly. Word has it that Efke has some additional coated stock that has not yet been cut or distributed so there may be more available at some point in the near future. But that may just be another rumor, and if not it will likely go quite quickly as well. I know I will be watching Freestyle closely over the next few weeks, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by renes View Post
    I love CHS 25, my main film! Time to make huge buy.
    When you wait for the news of the demise of this film to make a "huge buy" you are at serious risk. The time to do so was before they made the decision to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Looks like Efke are no longer producing film: Bad news for Adox CHS series films initially, but it appears that Adox are going to become self sufficient in due course. Just as well imho, I can't survive without CHS25!
    I'd be very surprised if Adox can carry on CHS25 on their own - while they now have a coating lab (and cooperate with the Inoviscoat coating plant, so that they can up-scale), their gear, expertise and even their consultants all have a Agfa background. Buying into Efke components and knowledge would be quite a detour from their plans. Personally I'd be happier if they stick to their intentions and revive APX 400, and maybe do something in the legacy of Agfapan 25 to fill the gap left by Efke, rather than try to set up for yet another very different film family.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevo View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Adox can carry on CHS25 on their own - while they now have a coating lab (and cooperate with the Inoviscoat coating plant, so that they can up-scale), their gear, expertise and even their consultants all have a Agfa background. Buying into Efke components and knowledge would be quite a detour from their plans. Personally I'd be happier if they stick to their intentions and revive APX 400, and maybe do something in the legacy of Agfapan 25 to fill the gap left by Efke, rather than try to set up for yet another very different film family.
    I get the impression that there is in fact a reformulated group of films coming down the pike. To the degree that they have the necessary esthetic appeal to support a higher price point remains to be seen. I hope like hell they do because loosing a known product is not a good feeling particularly in ULF sizes.

renes

Adox, keep the Efke 25 alive !!!

What Michael said above, so stay tuned...... At best, it probably will be a new version of Agfapan; and most likely ISO100 first, then perhaps ISO25 later. Good chance it will be available in most LF sizes. No matter what, though, expect to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by renes View Post
    Adox, keep the Efke 25 alive !!!

renes

I believe that new Agfapan 25 iso version film will be a great film, but it will not render certainly same image as Efke 25. I do not know any B&W which is close to it, only Efke 50.