Okay, so I'm all set up and rolling with my "new" Sinar F 8x10. All is great and loving it so far. Until it occurred to me that my expensive Lee Filter system is TOO SMALL for the big Sironar W 210 lens! This particular lens has about a 105mm filter thread and of course, the Lees are 100mm filters. Can you say square peg in round hole? (or maybe that's vice-versa?)

This might be a bit of a superfluous question, but what now? Do I have to go out and spend another thousand bucks or more on filters and holders for this and other large lenses? I'm realizing now that many of these big plasmats and C3 size lenses will exceed the capacity of my Lee System. That's one thing that just didn't occur to me when getting into this format, I thought I was well covered (and well invested) in the filter department.

The camera came complete with a compendium shade set, which I believe is just a bellows from a Sinar 4x5 and some hardware to mount to the front standard. There doesn't seem to be provision for filters in this thing though...is there some attachment filter holder that works with this?

Are you using a whole 'nother set of 150mm squares, or a big set of 105mm (or larger?) Heliopan/B+Ws with step rings? I pretty much use all the black and white filters - orange, red, yellow, green and variations within those. Not to mention a set of ND Grads, which I have no intention of buying 6 or 8 more of those expensive buggers in 150mm! I'll dodge and burn the sky if I must, but I cant fake a red filter effect without the actual filter!

Some advice here would be appreciated....

Cletus