Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of..............

What do you guys think of..............

What do all of you think of Photographer Peter Lik? I'm not sure if I really like his images.His images seem to Photo shopped. They are also not cheap by any means.Just curious what you think.

Lachlan 717

Re: What do you guys think of..............

Do a search; there's already a thread on this.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Do a search; there's already a thread on this.

I agree. Almost all topics already have threads about them. Just shut down the message board, all of them, except for new product announcement threads. No need at all to post threads on old topics. Would save tons of hard drive space and bandwidth being needlessly consumed.

His latest photos look straight off of Flickr, for example but I'm sure it'll sell.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardSperry View Post
    I agree. Almost all topics already have threads about them. Just shut down the message board, all of them, except for new product announcement threads. No need at all to post threads on old topics. Would save tons of hard drive space and bandwidth being needlessly consumed.
    Misplaced sarcasm is seldom useful and certainly not clever. The theory of using the search function isn't so much to save bandwidth or hard drive space as it is to group all discussion about the same subject in one place. That way anyone interested in the subject can find all the information that's been posted here in one thread rather than having to wade through multiple threads.

That theory doesn't always work in practice for several reasons. Sometimes people like the OP here who start a thread don't put the key word(s) in the subject title. And sometimes the search function just doesn't seem to work very well. And sometimes a subject just isn't well suited to a key name search. But it's still good practice IMHO to give it a try before starting a new thread about a subject such as an uncommon name that would be expected to appear in the subject line - not to save bandwidth or hard drive space but to optimize the usefulness of the forum.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

If it was a problem then they'd fix the search on this vBulletin forum software. New or recycled threads keep forums active, even if it is repetitive and boring for the old-timers.

I don't know anything about Peter Lik, so after I tried the search engine I still didn't know anything about him, much less what forum members think about him.
    Tried Googling, and discovered that he is a successful prolific photographer of landscapes which don't seem anything exceptional to me. It's nice that someone can make a good living from it.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

There is a painter who does "dolphin art" (and big murals of whales) who does marketing very successfully like Lik and whatshisname -- the ex-"Painter of Light". What sets him off quite a bit from these two is what he does with his money. He is very active in education in the area of clean water and healthy oceans. I am a little biased...my brother was recently hired by him (and his foundation) to drive a semi around the country that has a trailer set up as a interactive classroom. He stops by schools, and classes visit the trailer to learn about how run-off from the land (especially streets) works its way into the ocean.

But Lik -- his stuff is okay. That is about all I care to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ignatiusjk View Post
    What do all of you think of Photographer Peter Lik? I'm not sure if I really like his images.His images seem to Photo shopped. They are also not cheap by any means.Just curious what you think.
    I don't think of Peter Lik at all. His parents should be flayed for giving him such a name.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

vbulletin search is weak. Not just this sites but all vBulletin sites. Using google to search on this:

peter lik site:largeformatphotography.info

produces this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pete...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Much better.
    Mike → "Junior Liberatory Scientist"