Thread: Beseler 810 Conversion kit; Anyone have one?

Beseler 810 Conversion kit; Anyone have one?

Greetings folks,

I have an interest in a Beseler 810 conversion kit, more precisely, the glassless negative carrier for the kit.

I'm wondering if anyone has one that would be willing to take a few digital photos of the assembly and make a few measurements of the negative carrier for me? I also need a description of how it works, to see if it is compatible with my needs.

Many thanks,

---Michael

Michael,

If no one else responds, I know that Howard Bond had one of these some years ago...I imagine that he still does.

Don,

Thanks for the note. I got an email directly from someone who has offered to get the dimensions that I am looking for.

---Michael

Eric Woodbury

I have 2 of the conversions...the original ones made by the inventor before Beseler changed it a bit. Don't have the neg carrier, I use the plexiglass/glass one and it works great. The glassless one I saw just holds down the neg at 2 edges and as it warms under the light, the aluminum expands faster than the neg and pulls the neg tight. Mostly I use 57 and for this I use a standard neg holder and it doesn't sag even without tension.

I don't have a digital camera, but if you get stuck, we could talk on the phone.
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

Old School Wayne

Why dont you just call Beseler? As of several ago they still made the conversions.

Wayne,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already called Beseler, and I know that the holder is part number 10-51465 and costs $114. However, the precise dimensions are not part of their information base, as there is no real need for this information to be known under normal circumstances.

If they happen to have a one lying around, they may be able to get the dimensions I am looking for, but that is unlikely. It's much more direct to find a member of the LF forum that uses one regularly and is willing to take a few minutes to get the information for me.

As I said a few posts above, I received an email with information, so this issue is somewhat moot anyway.

---Michael

I vaguely recall reading an article, I think by Alan Ross but I'm not sure, in a magazine maybe four or five years ago about this conversion and the modifications he made to it in order to improve it. Most likely the magazine would have been Photo Techniques or View Camera. If you have access to these magazines you might find the article useful though not for your specific question.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.