Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which changing tent for loading Jobo Expert 3010

Which changing tent for loading Jobo Expert 3010

I am looking for a changing tent to load 4x5" sheet films into Jobo Expert Drum 3010.

Can anybody tell me if Photoflex Film Changing Room (25 x 22 x 15") has room enough to load Jobo Expert 3010 more or less comfortably, or I need larger (and more expensive) Harrison Standard Film Changing Tent (36 x 27 x 14"), or even Harrison Jumbo Film Changing Tent (48 x 28 x 19")?

Thank you, Mikhail.

Re: Which changing tent for loading Jobo Expert 3010

I've used the Calumet (similar to Photoflex) as well as the Harrison Standard changing tents to load everything up to 10x8 film holders - sorry haven't used Jobo. Calumet has higher sides so more height and is similar to the Photoflex design. But just got a used Inflatable Portable Darkroom tent (not Nova probably an early Durst?) which is amazing!

I own a Photoflex Changing Room and, while it's a bit tight, I can and have loaded my 3010 and 3006. I've never tried the 8x10 film holders, but I can assure you that an 8x10 Jobo tank and film holders is a definite NO-GO.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Michael E. Gordon

The Photoflex changing room is plenty big for the 3010 and five 4x5" holders. What it is not is ergonomically designed; the arms are stupidly uncomfortable with their side entry positions. The Calumet tent is better designed this way (front arm entry, incubator style). The Harrison is the best of all, but also carries the highest price.

I use a Harrison standard size tent for loading both my 3010 3006 Jobo tanks. A wee bit awkward, but it gets the job done.

What grain???????? largeformat apt's Avatar

I've got the Harrison Jumbo. I load both 4 x 5 and 8 x 10 (JOBO) tanks within this. I would suggest the Harrison Jumbo. More room and less chance of dust.
    Pat

Thank you guys for your helpful information.

Mikhail.

What about a tent for 11x14, 16x20 and 20x24 JOBO tank?

I was thinking of getting a Jumbo Harrison tent with a side picket to hold the Jobo Tank?

Any other ideas?

Asher

Asher,

forget a changing tent, find an already-dark room(or a closet that you can tuck into), make it completely light-tight, and load your film/paper in there. You'll kill yourself trying to unload holders into a big tank in a tent...

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    Asher,

forget a changing tent, find an already-dark room(or a closet that you can tuck into), make it completely light-tight, and load your film/paper in there. You'll kill yourself trying to unload holders into a big tank in a tent...

-Dan
    Thanks Daniel!

I had it set up perfectly in one bathroom with a board over the sink and two doors masked off. The problem is that other family members removed all my masking tape, LOL, one of the side effects of having other folk around! I'm considering a Jumbo tent and adding a custom side pocket to hold the Jobo Tank, but have the mouth and say 6 " of it projecting into the tent. Outside there would be a cradle to support and clamp the drum from the outside.

Alternatively, I'll go ahead with blackening out my entire office and then I'm done with it! However, there are big windows to black out and that could be a much larger expense.

Asher