Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linhof Lens Board

Linhof Lens Board

There is an auction of a 'mint' Linhof lens board going on right now on Ebay, the price is already $128 and keep going... While a new Linhof board sold at Badger Graphic for $85. I wonder if anything special about the one on Ebay.

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2987434494&category=29987&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Linhof Lens Board

Funny, yesterday I checked Badger Graphic website, it was $85 for #0 and #1. I have just re-checked and it was $90!

Linhof Lens Board

Just looks like eBay nuttiness, but I think the B&H price on a Linhof flat lensboard is around $128, so maybe there are people who just don't know there's a better retail price out there. Used flat original Linhof boards are around $60 at KEH in EX condition.

Linhof Lens Board

John,

Frankly, IMHO, there's no justifiable reason to pay that much money for a lensboard even though it's "sooooooo very pretty!" If you stop and think about it... you're going to mount a lens onto it and use it on your camera. So, the bottom line is, you're going to eventually mark it up anyway.

Some people though... collect things like this and will never use them for the purposes meant. But, they're a different breed than "user photographers." I believe they're a breed called "collector photographers." BTW, this isn't a judgment call...everyone has the right to do what they want to do.

Functionally speaking though... there isn't any difference whatsoever (if you're comparing a Technika board like the listed one and a Technika board from Badger.) There are Wista boards that will fit the Technika and they also have a "pretty" emblem on them. There are also plastic version that pop up every so often but I prefer the metal ones. I've also seen versions described as being "made by Nikon" but I've not had any experience with them.

So, I suppose it's just what you want to spend on it that will make it worth what it's worth.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Linhof Lens Board

I've owned a few different types of lensboards for my Tech V, and I will say that if you actually plan to use it on a Technika, the original Linhof boards have a much better fit than the others, although the Wistas, Toyos, and others would seem at first sight to be of similar quality. I'd rather economize by purchasing used Linhof boards when available than new aftermarket boards.

Linhof Lens Board

Henry,

I am using both generic and Nikon boards. The Nikon looks a bit better and it has Nikon letters on the upper right corner. I think it worths $5 more and in case I am listing it on Ebay... I might get an extra $20 for the 'Nikon' brand... lol.

Cheers

Linhof Lens Board

Used Linhof boards are the best. I wish I could get the enamelled symbol as a necklace though.

Linhof Lens Board

This board has the quick connect for the cable release, these boards are about $195 at B&H. The question is the quick connection worth $60?

Linhof Lens Board

All new Linhof boards come with the quick release.

Linhof Lens Board

Linhof still sells "plain" Technika lensboards without quick release fittings. The flat lensboard for #0 shutters is Linhof #1143 and for #1 is #1026. See photos at B+H at #1143 and #1026 (Badger doesn't have photos on their website).
    I agree with David about the fit -- I have tried several brands of generic Technika lensboards and none fit as well as the genuine Linhof article.

The auction ended at $143.50, which is below what B+H charges for lensboards with quick-release sockets, so the buyer wasn't foolish in the sense of paying more than the price of a new item.