Thread: HP Scanjet 5370c - What's the verdict?

HP Scanjet 5370c - What's the verdict?

Found a HP Scanjet 5370C (Not the other 530Cse) at a local second hand store for equivalent 14$. Had a look inside the package and it seemed like the original accessaries like the 35mm neg-holders are in place.
    I thought that I would use it to scan some 35mm negs with it but would like to ask what the verdict about it is like, compared to other better known scanners like the better flatbed Epsons etc.
    Seems like the compatibility with WIndows 7 64 bit not is the best. Hardly some real surprise as it is old hardware which even can be used with Windows 98. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo.../195954/page/4 The solution seems to be Vuescan?
    The 5370c gets good user reviews overall http://alatest.com/reviews/scanner-r...content_layout. But I would like to ask how it performs for more quality-demanding tasks.

Re: HP Scanjet 5370c - What's the verdict?

Just look back at all the vast number of discussions here about quality scans and scanners and see how many times a HP Scanjet 5370C comes up as a suggestion for "quality-demanding tasks".
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Just look back at all the vast number of discussions here about quality scans and scanners and see how many times a HP Scanjet 5370C comes up as a suggestion for "quality-demanding tasks".
    Actually I searched within this forum before I posted this thread. I could not get results from single posts shown directly unlike in many other forums. So yes, that's why I ask.

It's a 1200 dpi scanner. If it scans at impeccable quality it will still not be as good as an Epson V500 or V600, and if it's anything like my Scanjet G4050 it's not going to give impeccable scans.

That's my point Shaki. Its not considered a great or even a good scanner-not even worth much serious discussion.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"