I would like to start a list of good photographic gallery's in different international locations. My list is short but includes 7 well established and photographic friendly gallery's.
My hometown is Toronto , Ontario , Canada and I will start here.
1. Stephen Bulger Gallery- Stephen has a world class collection, and is extremely active in our community.
2. Nicholas Metivier Gallery- This gallery is the home of Ed Burtynsky and they like showing large format imagery.
3. Ryerson Image Gallery- Brand new gallery with lots of promise for the future
4. Gallery 44 - Contemporary Gallery which is member based but holds a world class rental darkroom .
5. Angell Gallery- Contemporary Gallery run by very enthusiastic curators.
6. Bau-X1 Gallery - this is one of my favourites right now as they are very active in the photographic community.
7. Alison Milne Gallery - could be an up and comer in the photographic scene, run by a friend a Anthea Baxter-Page a good photographer in her own right.
not sure if this kind of thread has been started before , if it needs moving then thats ok by me.
So what gallerys are in your neighbourhoods??