Thread: Stop me before I do something stupid

Stop me before I do something stupid

Howdy.

I’ve been prowling these forums for while now so it’s high-time I introduced myself.

I’ve gone full circle. Where once I was an avid MF shooter, I moved to digital in its infancy only to be disappointed with the results. Years later, when FX digital became affordable, I jumped back in only to find that film is truly where my heart lies. So I pulled out my Hassey gear, and started shooting film in earnest again. A lightly used Nikon CS8000ED scanner let me integrate both film and digital technologies and streamline my workflow. My enthusiasm brought me to LF with the purchase of a Toyo 45A. Later, I picked up a mint condition Ebony RSW45. Together with an Epson V750, I’ve pretty much stuck to LF. Its 2-years now and I still shoot LF on a weekly basis. I so enjoy the thoughtful process of shooting LF.

The Ebony has become my go-to kit. So much so, that I’m thinking of buying the SV45U2 to replace my current LF bodies. Anyone using the SV45U2 that can share their experiences?

Terry

loujon

Re: Stop me before I do something stupid

It just seem anyone who invest the 4 grand on the SV45U2 are overjoyed with the camera. From what I have seen up close and personal the build quality is exceptionally high. It sounds like you already understand the design principal of the Ebony you now own so I don't think there is much chance you'll be surprised or unhappy with it's mode of operation.

So I say GO FOR IT! Sell off the extra gear like the Toyo 45A and maybe the Ebony RSW45 and don't look back.

After some investigations, it appears that the 45SU would perform better with wide angle lenses. (A non-folder). Decisions, decisions....

Quote Originally Posted by trog View Post
    After some investigations, it appears that the 45SU would perform better with wide angle lenses. (A non-folder). Decisions, decisions....
    Stop you? You're already beyond help. Just like many of the rest of us.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

45SU on order.... now to wait 8-weeks for delivery and second guess myslef.