Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LF supplies in Canada

LF supplies in Canada

I would like to share some very pleasant experiences I had in obtaining LF supplies by Canadian mail-order. I used Treck-Hall (www.treckhall.com) to get 5x7 FP4+, HP5+, 4x5 Velvia, and Azo paper. I got everything within a week at VERY reasonable prices. Azo is about 30% cheaper than from Michael and Paula. I also used FOTOCHEM (http://www.colba.net/~fotochem/) to get all the bulk chemicals for Pyrocat, Amidol developer, and Van Dykes. Prices are good and everything came within a week.

I have no connection with either company other than as a customer, Eh!

LF supplies in Canada

cool! I'd never come across them before (+ they have Ilford inket suppiles etc) - let's see how they pan out on 8x10 colour film prices
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

LF supplies in Canada

Treck-hall in my limited expierence ranges from damn cheap to gulp. I'm a little suprised they had a good price on film. That's always one thing that seems closer to the wrong end of the scale.

Foto-chem is great.

Nothing more then a some time customer of both.

LF supplies in Canada

Thanks for the heads up Jonathan. I wasn't aware that Trek-Hall dealt on a consumer level - they were traditionally only wholesale (ie. distributors).

LF supplies in Canada

Roger,

I ended up spending just a little over $500 on one order. While this was a lot of cash for me, it isn't wholesale size. They certainly didn't complain about breaking up boxes. According to the invoice, 25 sheet boxes of 5x7 Ilford comes in cartons of 23. I ended up buying 4 boxes of each. They didn't have Azo in stock, but they did special order one measly box for me. Everything else was in stock and they were apologetic that it would take one week for the order to arrive becasue of the Azo. I was impressed!

Since they don't have online prices, I think the the more you spend, the better the price quote you get. The price quote took one working day. Anyways, no-one here in Ottawa would even order 5x7 film for me, so price wasn't the primary concern. Prices from my order:

8x10 Azo (box 100) $79.63 5x7 HP5+ (25sheets) $35.25 5x7 FP4+ (25 sheets) $35.25 4x5 Tmax 100 (50 sheets) $56.27 4x5 Velvia ( 10 sheets) $30.13 free shipping and handling

LF supplies in Canada

"Prices from my order:"

Canadjun?
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

LF supplies in Canada

I can also testify for Fotochem. The guy is almost my neighbour, so I usually pick up my orders in person and have a chat with the friendly, elderly chap there. He's very honest and he can pre-mesure your chemicals if you ask, etc.

LF supplies in Canada

Those Ilford prices are cheaper than Freestyle for their "PresidentsChoice Arista" Ilford or B&H for real Ilford. Fuji, about the same price as Vistek.

I just sent in for a quote on a bunch of 8x10 stuff + some inkjet papers - they have a minimum $100.00 order, + only ship in Canada I see

LF supplies in Canada

Yup, dem prices be as Canadian as a Noctilux. Frankly, I was surprised at how reasonable the prices were. I am SO tired of getting robbed by exhorbitant shipping/handling prices from US suppliers and outrageous brokerage fees (UPS is the worst).

LF supplies in Canada

Am I missing something here? When I went to the web site listed, in large red letters they said that they are only a Canadian distributing company that does not ship outside of Canada. I can handle the minimum purchase size of $100, but this one is a deal killer. How did you get around that?