Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locking Tiltall 4602 in portrait orientation

Re: Locking Tiltall 4602 in portrait orientation

Don't feel bad about the second socket, William. I first used one of these in high school and it ws probably two years into using it weekly before I found the second threaded hole. It's not like they advertise it hidden under that hand strap.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

I like the second tripod socket too. My marchioni has had the platform with some sort of newish blue rubbery stuff. Someone probably upgraded it. My Leitz tiltall had cork which is long gone. I put some Gamma sports tape on the top, like you'd wrap the handle of a racquet/club/stick with for grip. These are decent tripods for speed/crowns.

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    I like the second tripod socket too. My marchioni has had the platform with some sort of newish blue rubbery stuff. Someone probably upgraded it. My Leitz tiltall had cork which is long gone. I put some Gamma sports tape on the top, like you'd wrap the handle of a racquet/club/stick with for grip. These are decent tripods for speed/crowns.
    I use mine with a Linhof ST IV and all my smaller cameras. I've not had any trouble with the cameras shifting since I stuck the neoprene to the platform.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Yet another Bill jumping in on this one... I have two Tiltall's - an old Star D and a newer Tiltall. I recently replaced the "gripper" material in the old one with a rubber jar opener I got from my State Farm rep as one of those promotional things they give you. I used contact cement. It works very well to hold all cameras and it's a stylish red.

another Bill