I just got my SW45 last week but have not carried it yet. My plan for overnight trips is be to lash it onto the top of my Osprey Finesse pack. I've carried my Mamiya 7 outfit this way in a Lowepro Omni with good results at 38 pounds total for a three night trip. I'd still pick that camera if I just couldn't talk myself into a tripod. Your camera and one lens and back shouldn't be too much heavier than that outfit. So if you already have a good pack that you like you might consider this solution or a variant where you pack your camera in a soft case and stick it in your pack above your clothes then tie your tripod up the center of your pack. If I was doing a day hike with my somewhat smaller and lighter (than yours) Ebony I'd throw it in a Domke shoulder bag and go. They make little shoulder harnesses for these if you want real light and simple in a pack type of carry. Disclaimer: I'm not even remotely close to being a real backcountry landscape photographer. I try not to carry anything I don't have to have. I go there but photography is usually secondary and carrying a whole bunch of stuff is at the very bottom of my list of priorities. A fishing rod is much more important . ;>)