Thread: Linhof Accessories

Linhof Accessories

To All Linhof Users...

Can the full line of accessories for a Linhof Master Technika be used on a TK45? And, for that matter, how about on other Linhofs?

For example, can a Rapid Slide Adapter for the M/T be used on the TK45?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Linhof Accessories

Henry, I'm not absolutely certain about the TK 45, but the TK 5x7 has a non rotating back, format change is by changing the frame's position. All the Master/Super Technikas have a rotating back and the attachment is incompatible. The spring-backs however are the same on both and viewing accessories such as focussing hoods, right angle viewer, focussing bellows, are the same.

Linhof Accessories

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the note... I've had lots of folks asking about my Rapid Slide Change Adapter and I couldn't find an answer for them. I used my M/T for a fairly short time and found that it just wasn't my cup of tea. Consequently, I sold the camera and have a few items left over from that system.

Anyway, I appreciate your response.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Linhof Accessories

First, Paul, there is no TK 57. Nor has there ever been one. The TK is made in 23 and 45 models.

All current accessories for the Master Technika fit the TK except for the Anatomical Grips. In addition while the Compendium is the same for the TK and the Technika the adapter that attaches it to the camera and the rails for the Compendium are different.

Those accessories that replace the entire ground glass frame on a Technika DO NOT FIT THE TK. These accessories are all no longer in production and would include the Shift Adapter, the Focal Plane Shutter and the Aero Roll Film Backs for 5" or 70mm 50' film.These items will fit current Technikas however the slides that removed the Ground Glass Back on the 45 Technika have been replaced with screw-on connectors and no longer slide up to remove the back. Each slide is held in place by 2 screws in each corner. These screws need to be removed to release the GG Back. The slide type connectors on the 45 Technika were changed to the current type as the Aero Roll Backs, the Shift Adapter and the Focal Plane Shutter are all no longer produced or available from stock from Linhof.

Linhof Accessories

Oh my! Bob, thanks for correcting me. I simply mixed up Techi-Kardan with the Kardan system. Bob has put it right.

Linhof Accessories

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the information... it's very much appreciated.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!