Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 150mm Sironar vs Sironar-N vs G-Claron

150mm Sironar vs Sironar-N vs G-Claron

Hi, I've got an N and I like it. 49mm filter thread and so easy to get any kind of filter you want. Also in Copal which I've had good luck with. This seems to be a common lens, and I think this time of year you could could call a number of the big dealers and tell them what you want and what you are willing to pay for it. I don't think I paid more than 350 US for mine. And I've seen them sell for 250 CN. Best. I'm not sure, but I think you can get better results from N or S at the lower stops compared with G-C. Best.

Edward .. My personal preference would be the N .. I had a 210 N that I shot in all kinds of situations and it was excellent glass. It's a great design that has great color and clarity .. my only problem with it was that it sometimes was a little cool .. I found myself reaching for my warming filter a lot... But I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one .. it was a great lens for me.

Somebody already mentioned filter size. The 150mm claron uses a rare size. At least it's not common. I found a step ring for some digital camera on Ebay and now I just need a second step up ring from the first one up to a filter size I have. If that sounds bad the only other choice seemed to be to special order a B&W step ring for almost what I paid for the lens. Personally that's the only problem I have with my claron. The other issue is my shutter doesn't have a preview button but that's the shutters fault.

I ended up getting the G Claron. I got a great deal - $67. I need to get a new shutter because the one from the Ysaron is a #1 and I need a #0. One will come around sooner or later.