Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ratings for camera dealers??

ratings for camera dealers??

I would like to know if there is a site that publishes ratings for online sellers, something that will warn one if the store is dishonest, runs 'bait-and switch', etc. Has anyone dealt with "AAA CAMERA.COM? I am looking for a Tenba p267 8x10 backpack, and they have a really good price--too good to be true?

Thanks in advance.

Page after page of complaints of their fraud on photo.net under "community".
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Yeah, they're kind of notorious. I think AAA Camera is a cover for Cambridge Camera in New York. Most likely too good to be true.

Check B&H for a realistic low price and also be sure to look in the used section. They often sell discontinued new bags and backpacks at a discount there.

I heard the same that AAA is actually Cambridge, so you are best off avoiding them.. However, I thought that Cambridge closed. At least their shop on 17th street is gone.

This website has great info:

www.resellerratings.com

For "AAA Camera", take a look at the reviews:

reseller ratings - AAA Camera

It's pretty clear that you want to stay away from them.

Justin

J. S. Greenberg commented "However, I thought that Cambridge closed. At least their shop on 17th street is gone."

My understanding too, but and however there is a vendor on eBay A.I.R. Watches who posts CCE-style listings and has CCE-style feedback, i.e., sometimes they deliver, sometimes they take the money and run. No mention of them on photo.net or resellerratings.

Cheers,

Dan

I must be the only person in the world who got a camera and lens from AAA and was satisfied. The camera is a Leica M6 which I still have and use today 15 years later.The lens is a Nikon 2.8 28mm and . I got a great price on both these excellent items.

Emile, even the really terrible dealers sometimes deliver. Its just a question of the odds of getting what you want as you want it at a reasonable price and with no headaches..

FWIW, I have happy memories of visits to Cambridge Camera Exchange Midtown in 1976-7 when I across the street from them. Convenient location, KM to be processed went straight to Fair Lawn and came back promptly, and the gear they had on offer was ok, as were the prices.

Cheers,

Dan

I think back in the 1970s and 80s they were a reputable mail-order dealer. They have a very large stock of equipment from that era, so once I got a standard battery pack for my F-1N motor drive there brand new in the mid-1990s, for instance, when I decided not to invest in having my old Ni-Cd pack recelled. It was the kind of thing I'm sure they were anxious to sell, and not something that they could pull any kind of bait-and-switch on. They also seem to have a fair amount of old Komura lenses for Bronica S-series and such.