Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minimum focus distance with Crown Graphic and Xenotar 150 using side RF?

Re: Minimum focus distance with Crown Graphic and Xenotar 150 using side RF?

Thanks for the input.

I've double checked my infinity setting, so I'm taking the rangefinder off the camera as per Jo Lommens instructions.

Since the rangefinder arm loses contact with the cam at 8ft regardless of lens, I'm going to adjust that.

Dan - I've found the instructions for adjusting the cam, and the rangefinder. Given that the instructions call for a 4ft focus with the standard lens, and mine is only capable of 8ft with the standard lens, it seemed like there was something wrong!

Re: Minimum focus distance with Crown Graphic and Xenotar 150 using side RF?

Ah, you're all going to laugh. The rangefinder arm inside the camera body was hitting the slide rails for the bed! I slid the arm over on the rod connecting it to the RF, and then had to do some minor surgery. Final upshot is I can adjust the RF properly for the 150 mm Xenotar!

My mistake assuming the rangefinder was operating correctly at all. The funny part is that this camera looks brand new, none of the screws look like they ever been touched. So, I get the feeling this rangefinder was never used.