Here’s a real-world filter kit from me – b/w & color landscapes.
Originally Posted by Ngreen2
But first, my three lenses:
1) Schneider 150mm/9 g-claron = 52mm threads (w/ 35.5mm-52mm step-up)
2) Fuji A 240mm/9 = 52mm threads
3) Schneider XL 110mm/5.6 = 67mm threads
So ... I really have just two thread sizes, w/ one – the 52mm – very easy to manage.
By memory, these are my field filters:
• 4 Nikon 52mm b/w filters (g, y, o, r)
• Nikon 52mm polarizer
• Nikon 52mm 81c warming filter
• Nikon 52mm 2-stop + 3-stop ND filters
• B+W 52mm 10-stop ND filter (very fun)
• Marumi 67mm polarizer + 67mm 2-stop ND filter
• Lee 52mm + 67mm adaptor rings (w/ holder + hood)
• Lee 4x4 b/w polyester set (g, y, o, r)
• Lee 4x4 81a + 81c warming filters
• Lee 4x4 85b filter (for tungsten film outdoors)
• Lee 4x6 2-stop Graduated ND filter
I almost never carry all of these w/ me, but I do use all of them often.