Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Requesting a source for 5X7 Plus-X sheet film

Requesting a source for 5X7 Plus-X sheet film

Can anyone on this forum provide a source for 5X7 Plus-X sheet film?

I've tried: Badger. Nope. B+H. Nope. J+C. Nope. Calumet. Nope. Photogizzmo. Nope. Midwest. Nope.

120 size is available. Midwest has 4X5, but no 5X7. There's a fellow on that auction site selling bulk cut-it-yourself film possibly similar to Plus-X - but I'm reluctant to get into the manufacturing end of film at this point.

If you folks know of a solid source for this size, I'd be happy to know of it.

Thank you all in advance.

Best regards, John W. Randall

I believe Kodak discontinued Plus-X in sheet film sizes.

aren't I correct in thinking Plus-X was discontinued in sheet sizes?
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

not sure if these guys "really" have it in stock http://www.eastcoastphoto.com/ also Central Camera in Chicago did have some, but that was a while back.

Your best bet is FP4....
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

Try Photo Warehouse or Freestyle's "house brand" ISO 125 ( Ilford-oid FP4+or-) its probably as close as you'll get to Plus X. ------Cheers!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

From Kodak's website:

"KODAK PLUS-X Pan and PLUS-X Pan Professional Films are discontinued. As a recommended alternative for roll formats, we suggest KODAK PROFESSIONAL PLUS-X 125 Film / 125PX . For sheet film we suggest KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX 100 Film / 100TMX Film . For more information, see KODAK Publications F-4016 , KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX Films and F-4018 , KODAK PROFESSIONAL PLUS-X 125 Film."

No more Plus-X sheet films... :-(

I loved that stuff...

www.samys.com also lists it - again - it may not actually be in stock, but when I tried 5x7 they were one of the few places that usually had it in

A sobering thought---if Plus-X has left, can Tri-X be far behind?? Was that new dust-less coating facitity Kodak built destined for T-MAX only? More importantly, since Kodak has effectively gone from being the GM of sheet film to a niche within a niche market, will the price of TMAX 400 become more affordable or will it remain at a premium? I only shoot it when I need it's excellent reciprocity characteristics. If the rest of amateur market does the same, I doubt that it would be worth Kodak's while to continue to make it, at least in 8x10 since I can't imagine the Pros being a large enough market either since they mainly have gone to digital. Are we becoming "Generation X-less?"
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

John, the sky is NOT falling... Tri-X has substantially outsold Plus-X forever and is still Kodak's most popular b/w film. Not likely to be discontinued anytime soon.

"Not likely to be discontinued anytime soon."

and that statement is based on what exactly? A firmly held belief that it matters to Kodak that Tri-X is it's most poular B&W film - lets see - B&W+Sheet film - probably some of Kodak's least important product lines.

Or perhaps it's based on faith in Kodak's long history of making (the correct) logical decisions about it's product lines, that take into account the requirments and needs of it's customers.

Unfortunatley, you could say with equal confidence that there is a good chance that kodak will discontinue Tri-X sheet film with no warning and for no obvious logical reason at absolutley any time.