Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35mm reloadable film cassettes - plastic or metal better?

Re: 35mm reloadable film cassettes - plastic or metal better?

And this thread is related to large format how?

From the FAQ:

"The forum is only for questions specific to LF photography (see above).
    General photography questions and questions related to photography with other formats should be asked in The Lounge here, or on other general-photography forums."
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

You are right of course, it is not. Perhaps the moderators could delete or move the post.

Thanks to those of you who took the time to help with my question (and apologies to those who I have offended).

I should have noticed it was not posted in the Lounge. Smaller formats can be discussed there. I rarely browse individual forums (except For Sale/WTB and occasionally Image Sharing) but just click on new posts, and don't even notice where they are. It belongs in the Lounge, where it is ok.

(Shrek)

Regardless of where this is posted, it's a simple question. 2 points: the plastic ones don't fit in many of my older cameras, most noticeably my Leicas. 2nd, they do occasionally rotate in my FR bulk loaders, scratching the film if I don't notice. I've had light leaks with both, and both have accidentally opened. But the metal ones, when worn, accidentally pop open more often, such as if they're dropped. I still use both, I try to set aside those I know have bad felts and will leak in full sunlight (still doesn't ruin whole film though).