I'm still waiting for the negative to dry but I think I might have had some success at first glance! This is the first sheet I've put through tray processing and it was quite a fun and easy experience. Less traumatic and more tranquil than the noisy, whirring beast that was my Jobo and prior to that, my Paterson Orbital. Just the slopping of chemicals sloshing about the trays.
A couple of things that might improve my process. A mechanical timer - or perhaps a couple of mechanical timers. Or just some timers without bright lights would suffice. I was reliant on my iPhone for the timer and was mostly panicking that I might have got an email and the light would shine through my jeans. But it was the only timing device I had available. I had to get the timer going, stick it in my pocket and remove the sheet from the film holder and then figure out how long that took me and add it to the end.
The temperature of the developer dropped a little before I got going so had to add a bit more time. I need to figure out better way of handling that. Perhaps I'll use a bit more soup next time - I used 500ml of 1:19 LC29.
But other than that, the negative looks clean, development in the light of the bathroom looks nice and even and there's no scratches!
Pretty chuffed overall! I'll have to try two sheets at a time next go.