Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Light Impressions problems

Light Impressions problems

About a month ago, I ordered some material from Light Impressions. It didn't arrive, no communication came from them saying it was shipped or back ordered - in short, nothing. I sent a question with their order number to customer support and received the following generic email:

Dear Valued Customer,

Good Day!

We would like to inform you that there's going to be a delay in fulfilling your order since the merchandise that you purchased is not in stock yet. The items will be shipped to you in 4-6 weeks since we are still having a restructuring and reorganizing of our company's operation.However we are going to deliver those items as soon as we can. We really do apologize for the delay.Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Again, we apologize for any delays in communication or delivery of your product.

In other words I might receive my order in another month or two. I thought it was Federal law on mail order to require an out-of-stock notice if the shipping date was more than two weeks after ordering - can anyone address this?

I did business with them for many years when they were located in Rochester but after the move (and buyout?) to California, my dealings with them has been less than perfect. This marks the very end of my patronage.

Any recommendations on leather presentation portfolios, the briefcase style? I'm in the market again.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Light Impressions problems

There has been a lot of chatter over the past few years about problems like yours. I'm a bit surprised you ordered from them.

Many years ago they were great. Too bad they turned into this. I wonder if they ship anything at all. They must be doing something to stay in business. I wonder what that might be.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

p.s. Sorry about your troubles.

Check the archives. You'll find a huge number of complaints just like yours.

Check your credit card statements. If you're like others, you'll find you've already been charged.

Sorry for the problem. I too did business with them decades ago, and liked their stuff.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh; 14-Jun-2012 at 17:14.
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

You should ask LI for a full refund, assuming your credit card has been charged. Then if they don't refund your credit card right away file a dispute with your credit card company. Don't mess around, LI is notorious for not shipping orders, you could wait months or even years for your order to be shipped.

Roger

lab black

I would like to agree in force with Roger's statement. There was a lengthy thread some time ago that discussed a wide variety of enormously distressing issues with Light Impression. I came across this after an order that I had placed was put on an indefinate backorder, although in previous years I had enjoyed the products from Light Impressions. The problem was only resolved after my credit card company was immediately alerted and provided assistance to reinstate my funds from the order, which was not cancelled nor refunded in a timely manner by Light Impressions. In addition, I am not aware of anyone in my photographic circle who continues to utilize the services of Light Impressions.
    "We work in the dark, we do what we can, we give what we have."
    Henry James

Scott Davis

I think at this point the only good thing that can be said about Light Impressions is (if even this is still true): they have some very nice products in their catalog. The $64,000 question is, do they ever actually HAVE any of these products to lay hands on? Everything else about them nowadays reeks of scam - they're still restructuring? REALLY? After 3 years? It doesn't take that long to reorganize a federal agency!

Russ, try Lumiere photo... they're filling the void left by the once-but-not-now-reliable Light Impressions
    http://www.lumierephoto.com/

(and I'm told they have several former LI staff)

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Russ, all I can say is dump them! I have been using Frame Destination and they are great. NEVER a problem in over five years and thousands of dollars spent. Everything they do is first class and their shipping and packing is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Russ, all I can say is dump them! I have been using Frame Destination and they are great. NEVER a problem in over five years and thousands of dollars spent. Everything they do is first class and their shipping and packing is second to none.
    This has been my experience too, an add bonus is the great supply of bubble wrap I receive with each order.

Roger