- Did Kodak actually manufacture their own glass?
- How do you know that the glass you have is correct?
On the front of mine is a "small wall clock" sized shutter.
NO. 5 UNIVERSAL SYNCHRO SHUTTER
MADE IN U.SA. BY ILEX OPTICAL CO. FOR
EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY, ROCHESTER, N.Y.
There a "ring/hood" attached to the front of the shutter, showing:
Kodak Portrait Lens 305mm (12in.) f/4.8 R0171, then an encircled capital L
This "ring/hood" is easily unscrewed.
On top of the "ring/hood" is a plain, polished? aluminum? cap that fits with a felt liner.
- The R0171 is the serial number ?
- If so, is there a document that would tell me the date?
On the rear is the lens, there are no ID marks found on mine.
The entire lens screws off the shutter.
However, the individual lens/group, does not seem to be able to be removed.
I see nothing along the edges of the lens for ID, etc.
- How do I really know this the correct glass ?