Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Will I get beaten up if ...

Re: Will I get beaten up if ...

There's only a handful who's opinion you should listen to with regards to what you can and can't post (there's a list of moderators here somewhere)

As far as posting.. it would be good to have you here. I've used an Ebony 4x5 with an Aptus MF back and a Betterlight scanning back (neither of which pass the 20sq in rule..) a Horseman SWDII w. a medium format back, none of which were required to be put in a 'small format' thread. There are plenty here who use, as well as would welcome the feedback on your experiences... as well as seeing what you're doing with your work.

(... and there are a lot of Polaroid Type 55 users who are going to be disappointed that they shouldn't be here either.. 4.5 x 3.5" image area... )

welcome!

jim

Quote Originally Posted by wentbackward View Post
    ... I post images on the forum shot using a Linhof Techno and a digital back?

I'm having an identity crisis as the techno largely replaces my Toyo 45AII. I'll be shooting 6x7 roll film, plus digital. Am I considered large format still? as the techno certainly similar features to the Toyo.

Thanks
    Paul

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Jim collum View Post
    (... and there are a lot of Polaroid Type 55 users who are going to be disappointed that they shouldn't be here either.. 4.5 x 3.5" image area... )
    That is hilarious Jim!

joseph

Polaroid 55 gives me the largest piece of 4x5 negative, it won't even fit in an Epson holder-
    The print is just a crop from that.

Quote Originally Posted by gth View Post
    I have a question:

How much alcohol was consumed, in total, in the generation of this thread?

I am looking for an estimate!

Personally, it took me the better part of a bottle of wine, just to read it.

The thread got funnier at the end.

For myself, none. I had a beer a few weeks ago, it may be lingering effects...
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

joseph

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Anderson View Post
    It was a joke. It seemed like such an absurd thing to say, it might be funny. Sorry if it offended.
    I got it-

Not the funniest joke ever, but you can't be held responsible if others are too quick to judge...

Images are images to me. I couldn't give a sh1t how they are made. I just generally prefer LF images for a lot of things. I also kinda prefer using LF cameras even though they are totally a pita.

I liked Mr. Broadbent's confession that he could do everything he does with a Leica only. Lately I find my Mamiya C330 is a lot more capable than me. But I need to use my LF stuff or get rid of it.

P

Now that all the opinions are on the table and the grandstanding has slowed, I'd love to see the images "wentbackward" would like to post, (wherever they should be posted), unless he's totally lost interest.

Was anything ever posted and, if so, where ?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisD View Post
    Now that all the opinions are on the table and the grandstanding has slowed, I'd love to see the images "wentbackward" would like to post, (wherever they should be posted), unless he's totally lost interest.

Was anything ever posted and, if so, where ?
    As long as they are posted in Safe haven for tiny formats.

According to which rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    According to which rules?
    Check out the Usage Guidelines of the LF forum.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...rules_faq_item

Better to be informed about the guidelines from the source than to argue about what they are with people who have not bothered to consult the guidelines.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon