Thread: Tonopah inspired

Thumbs up Tonopah inspired

I have been really impressed with some of the soft focus images seen here and thought I'd give it a try. I puchased a Pre-Anniversary Speed graphic from one of the members here and have been pleased with it. I found a projection lens with a damaged iris, so I salvaged one of the elements. That's when the fun began.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1920s Pre Anniversary 101.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	74718
    If anyone could direct me as to how to properly insert and format a page I'd appreciate it. Sorry for this mess. It's only my second attempt.
    Old cameras are much more fun to use. haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DC 60212 (2)abc 57 a.jpg   1920s Pre Anni Single Element.jpg   DC 60212 (3)a     57.jpg  

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Re: Tonopah inspired

Very nice! And I think Jim Galli would appreciatethe subject matter! Simple lenses are a wonderful adventure, and will teach you a lot about the fundamentals of lenses and how to use them.

For "formatting a page", do you mean posting full-size images?
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Great start! The Speed Graphic is a wonderful way to begin capturing your imagination on film.

And, soft focus makes you really look at composition and lighting. The better you get at soft focus the better all your photos will be!

I don't know if that car is old enough to fit into Jim's world... The highlights are very interesting.

Why do people always say if a Speed Graphic is post-anniversary or pre-anniversary? What does it mean?

Richard

here's two more from the same car show. Again lots'a fun using a camera older than the cars. Great conversation starter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC 60212 (2)a.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	74755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC 60212 (6)ab.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	74756
    My undertanding about the Pre-Post, was date of production related. Correct me if I'm wrong

W K Longcor

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rankin View Post

Why do people always say if a Speed Graphic is post-anniversary or pre-anniversary? What does it mean?

Richard
    There is a Speed Graphic Model called the Anniversary Speed Graphic (C.1940 ish ???) Pre are models before that. Anniversay is it. Post is all since the Anniversay model. I THINK it was a 50th anniversary of the camera. All in all - the Anniversary cameras were a "Modernization" of earier models. I still have my Anniversary model -- owned it for over 50 years. It is a real work-horse. A bit heavier and clunkier than newer "post" models -- but a great camera.

Quote Originally Posted by W K Longcor View Post
    There is a Speed Graphic Model called the Anniversary Speed Graphic (C.1940 ish ???) Pre are models before that. Anniversay is it. Post is all since the Anniversay model. I THINK it was a 50th anniversary of the camera. All in all - the Anniversary cameras were a "Modernization" of earier models. I still have my Anniversary model -- owned it for over 50 years. It is a real work-horse. A bit heavier and clunkier than newer "post" models -- but a great camera.
    Thanks!