Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Analogue or Digital?

Re: Analogue or Digital?

Quote Originally Posted by pbryld View Post
    Maybe he likes fish sticks.

PS: please get the joke.
    You're a sick man.

PS Please get the compliment
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Thank the Goddess that we do not have accents out here on the Left Coast!
    Nope... but ya'll got all them durned yupees with their danged dee-ess-ell-arrz a-pointin' and a-chimpin' and a-shootin' agin an' agin'!! They're as irritatin' as them stray cats comin' around a-beggin' an' a-stealin' an' a-poopin' an' a-peeun. GIT, gawl durnit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Nope... but ya'll got all them durned yupees with their danged dee-ess-ell-arrz a-pointin' and a-chimpin' and a-shootin' agin an' agin'!! They're as irritatin' as them stray cats comin' around a-beggin' 'n a-stealin' and a-poopin' and a-peeun. GIT, gawl durnit!!
    Peace out, man...

Peace out? Hell, I am PO-ed, boy!!

Keep it cool, bro...just become one with the fish...

There's no "thar" in southeast Texas, you can be sure of that. That thar accent is in West Texas, where those little dogies are. No dogies down 'round Ann-yoo-ack, either. Tsall rahss farmers down that way.

The rhytm is different, too. In Anahuac, it would be "Wess Taixes", while in West Texas, they would have more of a Weeeeest Teeeeexus draaaaaaaaaawl.

I grew up in Houston, completely accentless, of course. Actually, you can drop me anywhere and I'll pick up the accent pretty quickly. My last trip to Lon Gisland had me saying "gahead" within a day. My trip to Baaastin two weeks ago was a bridge too far, however, though I do know how to paaak the caaaah in the garaaaadge after returning from Staaaaah Maaaaaket.

The British complain about Americans but refuse to narrow it down. I would submit that American accents differ as much as Yorkshire vs. London's east side (is there such a thing as Cockney any more?), and it surprises me that those two breeds can occupy any land where people think they own the rights to the language.

Rick "Yorkshire is a LOT closer to London's east side than Lubbock is to Beaumont" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Nope... but ya'll got all them durned yupees with their danged dee-ess-ell-arrz a-pointin' and a-chimpin' and a-shootin' agin an' agin'!! They're as irritatin' as them stray cats comin' around a-beggin' an' a-stealin' an' a-poopin' an' a-peeun. GIT, gawl durnit!!
    Now you are channeling Seldom Seen Smith, of a rural (and now slightly damp) town in southern Utah.

Rick "just finished this years required run through Abbeyville" Denney

We don't have accents in England. Americans who wonder what we sound like only have to watch the film Mary Poppins and listen to Dick Van Dyke's character to see what I mean.

Steve.

Drew Wiley

I've about had it with that English propriety thing... I still have to get thru the second
    half of the Barry Lyndon DVD tonite. Just despicable ... folks going around shooting each
    other due to honor. At least here in America we can shoot people at random because the
    Second Amendment tell us to. Suppose in Texas they skin and eat them too... but that's
    not really America.

We Texans only shoot Yankees, Californians and DC folk. The rest we can tolerate. Stay on your own side of the fence yonder and you'll be okay. And what is a Californian doing talking about the 2a anyway?