Thread: Center filter Schneider Kreuznach III on a Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm F:6.8 ?

Question Center filter Schneider Kreuznach III on a Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm F:6.8 ?

Hi,

Is is possible to use the center filter Schneider Kreuznach III on a Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm F:6.8 to avoid the falloff of illumination towards the corners ?

Is is really necessary with black and white shootings ?

Thanks for your answers

Nooky41

Re: Center filter Schneider Kreuznach III on a Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm F:6.8 ?

Possible? Yes. Best way to do it? No. A Rodenstock or Heliopan will be better as long as they screw directly into a 67mm filter thread.

Do you need a center filter with negative film (B&W or color?) Not if you are willing to dodge and burn or can overlight the edges. If you don't want to do that then you probably need a CF.

Re: Center filter Schneider Kreuznach III on a Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm F:6.8 ?

I've heard it both ways but most of what I've read indicates it isn't optimal. I bought a 90mm f/8 Nikkor partly because my reasearch indicates the Schneider CF that I already have works very well with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Possible? Yes. Best way to do it? No. A Rodenstock or Heliopan will be better as long as they screw directly into a 67mm filter thread.

Do you need a center filter with negative film (B&W or color?) Not if you are willing to dodge and burn or can overlight the edges. If you don't want to do that then you probably need a CF.
    The Center filter Schneider Kreuznach III can be directly screwed as it has 67mm filter thread.
    What could be the difference with a Rodenstock or Heliopan ?

Best regards

Nooky41

You mean besides the center density and the density pattern and the front diameter?

Here is a little description of Rodenstocks latest center filter technology. Their other center filters are more color neutral then other manufacturer's ones.
    http://www.rodenstock-photo.com/medi...Engl_10184.pdf

The ones for the 90mm do not use the technology in the above link but the link does show the differences in manufacturing.

The Center filter Schneider Kreuznach III can be screwed directly to the lens but I don't know if it will give the same result as the Rodenstock one.