Thread: Arca Swiss P0

Arca Swiss P0

Hello everyone

I have a question about the tripod Head Arca-swiss P0, I got the head couple a weeks ago but i have some problem that i can't solve with it ( I feel very stupid even to ask ) but i can't turn the head into the 90 degrees position - it just dosen't go down - i can't find a way to do it - it feel's like the ball of the head is not round

please help me out

Re: Arca Swiss P0

I don't own this head, but am considering it. My understanding is that it is designed that way, so that the camera does not collapse if the head is a bit loose... From what I read about it, I did not find a mention of a specific way to tilt it sideways.

It's a wonderful product and i'm fine with it as it is. But i find that very weird that it dosen't move to the side - like there is something that you have to unlock to do it - like something stuck

Arca-Swiss

If you have a P0 be sure you are fully loose bt rotating the locking collar completely. You may also need to loosen Pan control on top to get camera to proper position. Then it should be able to turn vertically into the 'Knotch', to allow this position. If you have a P1 there is no Knotch. You need a different accessory for a P1. The 'ball' is not a sphere but more like an egg shape. This is so that, if you did not lock the head completely and let go of your camera/lens, and the weight started to make it fall towards the legs, the increase friction of the lower lobe of the 'egg', would slow the fall and decrease or stop any major damage.
    Contact me if you have more questions.
    Rod
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com