Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Who Has Great Customer Service?

Octogenarian

Re: Who Has Great Customer Service?

I agree. Keith Canham and Jim Andraki are a team that's hard to beat for outstanding customer service.

(P.S. Neither one of them likes dealing with Bob S. See post below)

Don't bet on it!

I really appreciate Bob Salomon's participation on the forum. Ime, he's always answered people's questions quickly and accurately.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    I really appreciate Bob Salomon's participation on the forum. Ime, he's always answered people's questions quickly and accurately.
    Agreed.

I am surprised with the negative feedback about Bostick and Sullivan. Truly great people/company. Guess no one is perfect, but they are close!

Vaughn

I'll vote for our own Richard Ritter... and Frank Marshman @ Camera Wiz.

All or most of the above (PayPal and eBay are a stretch), with an extra kudos for:

Bob Watkins at http://precisioncameraworks.com, one of the best large format camera repair (shutters/lenses, Noblex, Arca, Sinar, etc.) people around. Although Marflex and Frank Marshman are also excellent too!

Edgar Praus at http://www.4photolab.com for an excellent film and print lab, one of the last pro labs.

Another plus for Bob Salomon too!

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    I can't think of anyone who has done more to provide detailed info on LF (and some MF) gear. His posts number in the thousands across multiple forums, all available for you to search on the internet... FREE OF CHARGE! He has a pretty good track record of clear, concise responses. Some people can't even form a well worded question, yet he still finds time in his schedule to answer them. Some even bitch and complain that he doesn't respond fast enough... yet it's still on his time, taken away from doing his job or some other personal enjoyment.
    I've never purchased a new camera or lens, so he's not even profited from my gains, yet I still find his helpful info whenever I browse the web to find details on a particular lens or accessory.
    Bob, if you're reading this... THANKS!

Chris

Scott Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    Canham Cameras. I bought my first Canham (a 5x7 wood field) pre-owned. It was probably already 5-6 years old when I got it. I had it maybe a couple weeks, and while reversing the back from vertical to horizontal, the wood flange that goes under the locking rib on the back started to split off. I contacted Jim at Midwest Photo where I purchased the camera. He contacted Keith Canham, who drop-shipped me a new back via FedEx at no charge, with the sole caveat that I send him the old back when I got home from my Argentina trip. Try getting that kind of support for a used car... or any other used camera for that matter. Hasselblad? Nope, not gonna happen... not even Linhof or Leica.
    My comment about Linhof and Leica was not a dig at Bob Salomon. He's always been a very knowledgeable and positive contributor here.

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    I can't think of anyone who has done more to provide detailed info on LF (and some MF) gear. His posts number in the thousands across multiple forums, all available for you to search on the internet... FREE OF CHARGE! He has a pretty good track record of clear, concise responses. Some people can't even form a well worded question, yet he still finds time in his schedule to answer them. Some even bitch and complain that he doesn't respond fast enough... yet it's still on his time, taken away from doing his job or some other personal enjoyment.
    I've never purchased a new camera or lens, so he's not even profited from my gains, yet I still find his helpful info whenever I browse the web to find details on a particular lens or accessory.
    Bob, if you're reading this... THANKS!

Chris
    I concur heartily.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

I would like to second the nomination of Bob Salomon above. He has always responded promptly to my inquiries over the years, even to the most mundane issues -- such as the part number for some obscure Gepe slide mount.

Well done, I say.