Thread: Update: new photo community

Update: new photo community

Early last December, I was telling you of my intent to create a small new photo community, with perhaps a photo gallery dedicated to LF photography. As promised, here's a short update on the project.

The site, named PhotoPixel, was created in mid-December. It currently has 15 members from seven different countries - a small, but friendly and very active community. A photo gallery software was originally supposed to complement a PHPBB-based bulletin board. The bulletin board works very well, but the bogus gallery software never worked; it might be a few weeks before a solution is found, but meanwhile, we're successfully using the forum area to display and dicuss pictures.

There is no LF picture upload/comment area yet, as we only are two LF users right now on the site; but I posted a few silver gelatin prints and few cyantypes both from 4x5 negatives and from larger digital negatives. If some of you joined and asked for such a LF section, I'd gladly create it.

The current members are mostly advanced amateurs and starting pros; as I said, the community is very helpful, with members sharing advice on many topics (sumissions to stock agencies, contests, etc). There is no "point system" in there picture area, because the idea of posting picture is to learn from others, not to fuel competition among members.

So, that's about it for the time being. If you ever want to see the site (and who knows, join) here's the address:

PhotoPixel
    http://photopixel.tilttek.com

Update: new photo community

Thanks to the many who visited the place as guest and to the few who subscribed as members. I'm honored to get the attention of such a fine bunch of photographers. I finally created a LF photo comment area (with no point systems or other competitive nonsense attached to it) to accomodate these new members.