Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fuji Super HR-T X-Ray film (green sensitive)?

Newbie--Seattle Lite

Re: Fuji Super HR-T X-Ray film (green sensitive)?

Quote Originally Posted by rdelung View Post
    I found a single sided film. Does anyone know anything about it? http://www.zzmedical.com/8x10-in-kod...ideo-film.html I'm tempted to go for it, but I would like just a little more info. first. Thanks, R.W.Delung
    Ok, as they say if its to good to be true, it usually isn't. In this case after re-checking the add, the size was to small plus when I called the site---the product was no longer available. So as for now, unless the forum comes up with something better. I'll consider getting Large format film in 8x10, and cutting it into 4ths---saving some for use in my 8x10 view. I'm open for suggestions....Also if anyone knows where I can get a replacement bellows ( I had to tape mine for leaks ) Thanks, R.W.Delung

Newbie--Seattle Lite

I have some questions for the groupe. I have read that Blue High Speed film is rated at 200 iso, and Ortho Green film is rated at 50 iso. Does anyone agree? or have you found through testing a differunt rating. Which will give the best contrast, and best for use on a flatbed scanner? Also what developers and times plus temp's has anyone been useing. I'm fighting off the urge to pick up a box of X-ray film from my local supplier. I would like to get 8x10 to use, and cut down to 4x5 for my other camera. Has anyone developed any tricks for doing this, or is it a no-brainer just using a paper ( photo ) cutter and some taped on stops for each measurement? My thanks for any comments. RWDelung

I shoot Fuji HR-S (green latitude) @ 100 ISO, but I don't strip either side. I use a rotary paper cutter with mat board strips taped to the cutter's table for my guides to cut 8x10 down to 4x5. Haven't been bothered by scratches from cutting. I don't scan negatives, so I can't help you there. I use Rodinal 1:100 @28C for 6 min, HP Combi tank.

I have an 8x10 print of an amaryllis on the Images Shot on X-ray Film thread from such a cut-down negative. Sharp enough for me, using both sides, even enlarged.

Ralph

I shoot green and use EI 100. I use this film for alt processes such as carbon transfer and kallitype printing, so my times would be too long for you. Developed in pyrocat-hd in flat-bottomed tray. I have cut some down to 4x5 with only a pen knife and ruler. Nice that we can use this film under a safe light.
    This film looks really bad scanned... if you zoom in on it a bit in PS...not sharp at all. Removing the side of the film that wasn't facing the lens during exposure with bleach, helps a lot.

I have shot both green and blue rating them at ISO 100, processed in HC-110 1:63, 68/f for 8 min in trays. I have not yet stripped the back side of any of my negs. I have found the slight softness in prints from scanned 8X10 negs pleasing.

I do have a question after reading about the UV sensitivity - last night I exposed two negs of the blue sensative indoors with a flash. Any thoughts on how it will react? I have no idea of the UV output of electronic flash so I am wondering if the negs will be under/over exposed and if I should attempt to compensate some in development.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Provisional Enterprises (provisionalenterprises.com) has 5x7 in green and blue emulsions.
    Michael Cienfuegos