Thread: Photo website CMS software or SAAS solution that leaves images intact?

Photo website CMS software or SAAS solution that leaves images intact?

I'm still searching for a better photo website solution. I started off building my own sites, but it's a time consuming process to stay on top of trends, such as optimizing for browser/device compatibility etc, plus each time you add an image it's a lot of work compared to using the SAAS CMSs out there. The problem with the SAAS CMSs I've tried (BigFolio, Viewbook, CarbonMade) is their software never honors your color spaces when doing their auto-resizing, even if they're not Flash sites. I'd prefer a solution that allows me to manage creating the different size myself, ideally hosted on my own box, but I'd be satisfied for finding a SAAS solution that at least honors the sRGB profiles when resizing. Anyone working with something that fits the bill?

Other Requirements -

- NO FLASH. HTML5 preferred.
    - Multi-device support, including iOS and Anroid

wmsey

Re: Photo website CMS software or SAAS solution that leaves images intact?

You didn't mention Mac or PC but... after having similar problems and generally wanting to have compound local backups etc - I've been happy with the latest version of Freeway (Mac only) coupled with Freeway Showcase. Not a CMS (although a small argument could be made for the Freeway Showcase app serving that role.) Freeway is in the "we'd rather you didn't code yourself but if you must we'll make it hard but possible" species of web authoring apps and they take care of all the browser/device issues.

Having to care very little about coding and IE6 and on and on has made me less of a nerd (well a little) and freed up time for things relating to photography and the business of photography. Seems about right.

No Flash - the image display module, Showcase is solid HTML 5. Mobile is supported. Allows drag and drop image loading with resize from Aperture. Here is what I cobbled together:

www.williamsmitheyjr.com

William