Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any One Interested In Organizing an East Coast Conference ?

Any One Interested In Organizing an East Coast Conference ?

Maybe the best way to begin this adventure is to have a meeting of people interested in LF to exchange ideas and ppresent what they want to according to their knowledge, informally and to use that weekend to organize a larger event.

My idea is not to wait until 2006, that's two years and neither to wait for a publisher or camera maker to participate as an organizer. I see this as a grass roots informal gathering, not a hiking expedition, I like to hike alone. Generally for something like this to work there has to be an object and a location and a time. The first "conference" would be informal as described, need from 12 to ?? participants and be somewhat central but in an interesting place. Inexpensive accomodations and easy to drive to. There are Canadian shooters and they need to be able to attend too. Rochester is a good idea, but not right in Rochester, Outside in the fingerlakes so we can wake up and enjoy a country morning on the lake, then we can go to Rochester. Those who want to can go to Niagra, only an hour away. This is about equa-distant from Chitown and NYC. it gives the NYC crowd a chance o to get away , the Philly people can get there too. The other alternative is somewhere in the Adirondacs, Not PLacid it is "tres expensive" maybe Tupper, home of tuperwear, or the centre of the Adirondiacs whee the Museum is, The scenery there is wonderful and the scenery to get there is just as wonderful. Maybe Pennsylvania would be good but I do not know it well reagarding scenery. There is the thought of combining this with another event like the re-enactment of Gettysburg.

The point is for people to state availablity and preferences. Yea I know people will not show up in great numbers but I look at it informally , a Place you would like to be anyway so the weekend is fun even if there are few people.

I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I am acquainted with the Asheville, NC area, and I'm voting for Asheville. If Asheville, then I go. Earlier remarks about Charleston & Savanna being good resound with me, too. If Charleston/Savanna, then I go.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

I like Ed's idea. If we could find a place and date, hopefully most of us could get together to discuss this.

Steve,

Asheville, NC sounds great! I can be there in 55 minutes with the opening of I-26 into Northeast Tennessee! What time of the year are you thinking about? There are many locations to shoot within minutes from downtown; Blue Ridge Parkway, Great Smoky Mountains, the Upstate of South Carolina, the Roan Highlands, wow the list grows! I’m sure that the local LF photographers, myself included, would be willing to offer any help needed in logistics, info, etc.

www.jerrygreerphotography.com