Thread: New55 film please

New55 film please

I'm worried. The best time frame on the new film is eight months after full funding. But what if the funding doesn't come for a year or two, or longer? It seems like there is a dead calm over there on the site. I wish I had the money. I would fund it myself.

Re: New55 film please

Quote Originally Posted by John Conway View Post
    I'm worried. The best time frame on the new film is eight months after full funding. But what if the funding doesn't come for a year or two, or longer? It seems like there is a dead calm over there on the site. I wish I had the money. I would fund it myself.
    I'm too busy doing this project to post updates so often. Plenty happening, though the route is circuitous, and complex. At one hand, instant P/N is so simple, but, making certain materials in bulk is quite expensive, and we do not have the luxury of multiple runs on expensive equipment, so, we need to get it right, the first time. It took Old Pol decades to learn to do what we have had to rediscover, and they had a big crew and a massive industrial base.

Do you like 8x10? If we can make a quality 4x5 instant negative then why not one for 8x10, too? That would be fun. In fact there are several different products that could be made, once sufficient industrial mass is achieved.

http://new55project.blogspot.com
    Last edited by BobCrowley; 2-Jun-2012 at 08:30. Reason: url

Quote Originally Posted by BobCrowley View Post
    I'm too busy doing this project to post updates so often. Plenty happening, though the route is circuitous, and complex. At one hand, instant P/N is so simple, but, making certain materials in bulk is quite expensive, and we do not have the luxury of multiple runs on expensive equipment, so, we need to get it right, the first time. It took Old Pol decades to learn to do what we have had to rediscover, and they had a big crew and a massive industrial base.

Do you like 8x10? If we can make a quality 4x5 instant negative then why not one for 8x10, too? That would be fun. In fact there are several different products that could be made, once sufficient industrial mass is achieved.

Hi Mr Crowley , thanks for the reply. If you are busy with the New55 that is a good thing. And yes, a New810 would be fantastic. I used the Polaroid 8x10 system and loved it. Actually, I wouldn't mind going smaller. I alway's thought it would be cool to have a little 6x4.5 monorail camera and little 55 type individual instant sheets and a tiny version of a Polaroid 500 holder. Thank you again for your time.

While you're perfecting the P/N process, why don't you start by making/selling Quick-Loads with 4x5 film. I'll bet that Ilford would be happy to supply you with the negative material.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    While you're perfecting the P/N process, why don't you start by making/selling Quick-Loads with 4x5 film. I'll bet that Ilford would be happy to supply you with the negative material.
    We've done extensive market research on this. About 1/3 of our target market consists of "traditional" 4x5 photographers, and among that group, there is an unwillingness to pay the premium needed to provide the convenience of the Readyload/Quickload. The other groups have not used them before and don't seem to miss them for that reason. I like them too and use them, but it isn't difficult to load film holders, and sheet film prices have increased to the point that make loading reusable holders even more desirable.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I'd much rather see the efforts being applied to clone of T-55, or even more better for me -- T-52. I never understood the "convenience" of ready/quickloads.

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I'd much rather see the efforts being applied to clone of T-55, or even more better for me -- T-52. I never understood the "convenience" of ready/quickloads.
    Ask any hiker/backpacker.
    The lighter weight and reduced volume make them great for landscape photographers. And for anyone else, it's just less mass to pack and carry and work with.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I am not a hiker/backpacker.

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Ask any hiker/backpacker.
    The lighter weight and reduced volume make them great for landscape photographers. And for anyone else, it's just less mass to pack and carry and work with.
    That and the dust. They do a good job of keeping the film free of dust. But it's true: the premium that was charged for them was too high. If that weren't the case, we'd probably still be able to buy them.