Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I Just Now "Fully" Realized That I Do NOT Like...

Foamer

Re: I Just Now "Fully" Realized That I Do NOT Like...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post

All that praise of the Ektar aside (and I do LOVE my Ektars), I think the Heliar is even better. I only have a 240mm in shutter, but I think it has the creamiest, smoothest, most beautiful out of focus areas of any lens I've ever had. At least of anything that I can mount on a field camera. If I could find a 360mm Heliar in a shutter, I'd be in hog heaven.

Looks like I'm not the only Heliar fan here. Now I have a question. I've never had a CE, but do own a 12 in. Velostigmat II. I really like the classic look given by that lens, too. So, both Kodak CE and Velostigmat II are Tessar types? I also have a Zeiss 165mm Tessar, but it gives a different look than the Velostigmat. But then, I haven't had enough experience yet with the latter.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

I'm just waiting for the day you actually post a photo Feeble. Or have you, and I've missed it?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    Looks like I'm not the only Heliar fan here. Now I have a question. I've never had a CE, but do own a 12 in. Velostigmat II. I really like the classic look given by that lens, too. So, both Kodak CE and Velostigmat II are Tessar types? I also have a Zeiss 165mm Tessar, but it gives a different look than the Velostigmat. But then, I haven't had enough experience yet with the latter.

Kent in SD
    There are tessars and then there are tessars.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    There are tessars and then there are tessars.
    The trick is telling which is which...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I'm just waiting for the day you actually post a photo Feeble. Or have you, and I've missed it?
    No... no LF photos in a very long time. I don't get around very well these days. Also, I learned in my youth to conserve materials. I moved from 135 to 6x4.5 to 6x7 to 4x5 and shot less as I switched to larger formats. I can't travel far and I just haven't seen much here worthy of using film to document... an old bridge and a couple of dilapidated buildings, maybe. I'll shoot something soon.

Even after I sell several things it'll be awhile before I have any spare cash. I have a few more pressing things to take care of. However, after reading all the comments here, I'm tempted to buy a 12 inch Commercial Ektar to compare with a 300mm Fujinon-C. I do want coated lenses... even the simple 4 air-spaced designs. I doubt I can afford a set of coated quality Dagors.

Yes, Corran... I will eventually take LF photos.