$279 = refurbished 4990 + free shipping + one year Epson warranty.
That’s hard to beat for a quality flatbed that can scan film up to 8x10.
Usually, these 4990 clearance deals go up for 2-3 days – then disappear. They happen once or twice a year, but I’ve noticed they’re getting fewer and farther between. My refurbished 4990 arrived in like-new condition w/ perfect packaging. And the scanner hasn’t let me down for several years. All my 4x5 scans on this forum are by that refurbished baby w/ Epson Scan software.
People who need one for LF should go for this deal.
Here’s “what’s in the box” according to Epson. (You also get Epson Scan, of course.)
• Epson Perfection 4990 Photo Scanner
• 8" x 10" Transparency Adapter (Built Into Scanner Lid)
• Four Film Holders: 35mm Slides, 35mm Film Strips, Medium Format and 4" x 5" Film
• 8" x 10" Film Area Guide
• CD-ROM with Epson Scanner Installation Software and Electronic Reference Guide
• CD-ROM with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements
• CD-ROM with LaserSoft Imaging™ SilverFast® SE 6
• USB 2.0 Cable
• Scanner Setup Poster
• Scanner Quick Guide