Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Needing some new 8x10" equipment

Needing some new 8x10" equipment

HEY!!!! I love my C-1

Hahn Graphic in Rochester has an 8x10 Toyo monorail that they'd love to sell. It looks almost new, and they are a reputable shop. Try them at 585-254-5705.

Be aware when buying lenses like the 305mm G-Claron. If possible I'd go and handle the lens before parting with your cash. I ordered a "9" rated lens over the 'phone from a reputable dealer and received a twenty-five year old lens (albeit in good condition). I thought that it wasn't great value, so I returned it and then bought a new 450mm fujinon-C.

The G-Claron's great reputation has inflated it's price somewhat. So watch out to avoid disappointment !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2983138351&category=15248
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

<<Granted, B&H is way overpriced on all LF stuff<<

Since when? Are you talking about used items? If so I'm not sure. But if it's new stock, I've seen some items slightly less than other stores (Badger, Robert White, etc.) and some slightly more. But everything was in the same ballpark....

Due to budgte constraits, I only seriously look at used stuff. I've found B&H to be WAY over the normal price - like their 810G-II for $4500 that sells at other stores for under $2000 or on ebay for $1000.

Jason,

I can relate to being on a budget and buying used. I would also agree that buying on ebay or from a private party can bring a better deal than from a company such as B & H which isn't really in the busness of selling used equipment. But to say that B & H is over priced is just not fair. I checked the price on a Toyo 810GII at 3 other popular dealers only to find the exact same price. If I mistaken and there's dealers out there with lower prices on new gear please let me know.

B & H: $5129

Badger: $5129

Adorama: $5129

Calumet: $5129

Ed

I think Jason was talking about B&H's used prices - in this case on the Toyo, of $ 4,499.00 compared to the $1000.00 to $2,000 you can often find it for used elsewhere. Although in this case,B&H's looks like new old stock or demo gear rather than actual used.

I must say I've also usually found B&H's used prices on LF gear to be quite a bit higher than most other places. Not always, but most of the time.
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

That could very well be the case Tim. I was just commenting on Jason's statement that "B&H is way overpriced on all LF stuff". I have no interest in B & H but I hate to see anyone get a bad rap where one is not deserved. Something that happens on the net too regularly and sometimes without intent.

Sorry, guys. I was thinking "used" but didn't say it.