Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Pelican Isn't Pelican any more!

Re: Pelican Isn't Pelican any more!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    I just found out that the Pelican camera bag that I have was made in China and they don't honor the usual warranty!

I have a soft sided roll around/backpack that works fine as a camera bag. But now0 the pull-out handle won't deploy fully and one of the "feet" has broken off the bottom. I can't pull it and it won't stand up. When I called Pelican customer service, they told me it was a Pelican licensed product made in China and the warranty didn't apply. The importer, Omega-somethuing, doesnt seem to have any intention of making this right.

I am very disappointed in Pelican. I always thought they were a really good company. Now I find they are like everyone else out there.
    No matter how you cut it, spin it, rationalise it, or excuse it, this is deliberately disingenuous and craps on the trust of everyone here.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

bdkphoto

bdk photo: Thanks for the real-world experience with Omega. I talked with the receptionist at Omega, who said ahe would handle the issue. All my information comes from this person at Omega. I understood—from her-that they didn't have parts or any repair ability. Had I been given the option you had, I wouldn't have gotten into this self-ritious quagmire.

Really, 16 pages of BS says otherwise. You love to complain.

I contacted Omega at 800-777-6634 . . .is there another number?

The best advice on getting the bag fixed has already been posted, see if you can figure it out. It will be a good learning experience.

Regards,

bdkphoto:

I just called Omega: they still say they can't repair any bag under any circumstance, under warranty or not. Please contact me by PM with any different contact info for Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkphoto View Post
    You are incorrect. Omega both honored their warranty, and offered to repair my bag (soft side rolling) after the warranty expired. The repair offer was made 3 weeks ago. You have no cause for complaint buying used, damaged gear, and expecting warranty service and a free ride. You are just too cheap to pay for the shipping and repair fee. It's interesting that you didn't even ask how I fixed my bag for less than $2 and 10 minutes of time. Very telling.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

To Everyone here:

I am sorry to have tied up this forum for so long with this issue.

I apologize to everyone for bringing so much drama into the LF.info community.

I will think about all this as so many different posters feel so deeply that I am worng.

Thank you all fopr your contributions.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

bdkphoto

I just called Omega: they still say they can't repair any bag under any circumstance, under warranty or not.
    Keep at it-you'll figure it out if you actually read through the thread and take the advice already proffered.