Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Printing?

Quote Originally Posted by zenny View Post

I am sorry to say that I do not plan to attend any workshops because I would like to be inspired rather than preached.
    One of the more arrogant sentences I've read on this forum for a while.

Re: Platinum Printing?

Quote Originally Posted by jonreid View Post
    One of the more arrogant sentences I've read on this forum for a while.
    It is not arrogance, but a humble statement of the fact that I cannot learn in an archetype, systematic, formal, training environments. Do not forget that I also mentioned that it could be my weakness. And nobody has any right to judge me for what I am from merely a sentence without further completing the whole para or the post!

BTW, in the beginning of IT revolution when there were no Windows, Mac or even Linux or even many variants of BSDs, I learned them without any formal schooling (because they were none) including the low-level programming. So with the photography and silver printing processes as well as documentary making. I do not want to explain about the milestones I achieved, because you may again rant that I am stating my arrogance again.

The gist is I would love to be self-taught and do not get tired of experimentation to create something new on my own which is not possible with any kind of formal schooling. However that does not mean that I have never been to any formal universities (have degrees in several fields, I am afraid you repeat the arr* word again), but they did not satisfy my quest for creativity and innovation.

It would be productive if you reply with some resources for my curiosity (the original questions) like Don did (you too by referring to a book reference) rather than wasting time commenting on redundant stuffs like how I am because formal form of schooling/training is not my cup of tea at this point of life.

I do not want to further argue on this point rather than focusing myself on platinum printing with an open eyes and ears to the posts that is relevant to the original query.

/z

--

Support http://thehumanape.com
    Last edited by zenny; 19-May-2012 at 03:44.

Ok, hope you got deep pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pietrzak View Post
    Don,

Just wanting to put my print frame in the ring, I will be doing two Pt/Pd Workshops at the end of September, in Santa Fe, New Mexico. For information jpietrzak.com and find out what I will be teaching.

Jan Pietrzak
    Hi Jan,

I didn't know you were doing workshops.

Folks if you don't know Jan's work let me tell you he is a very good palladium printer. And IMO, his workshop fee is very reasonable.

Don

Don,

Thank you, for the kind words. This will be the second year for the Santa Fe based workshops. Last year we had 4 participants for the 2 sessions, so it was almost a one-one session. My old boss at UC Santa Cruz wanted to take a workshop from me so we started the sessions around her. We had a great time in New Mexico.

Again thank you

Jan Pietrzak

If you aren't interested in taking the advice on this forum Google "platinum printing". You'll be self-taught in no time.

I see no difference in being self taught by reading articles and how to's, and learing at a workshop. If you dont want to benefit from the experience and knowledge of others I suggest you invent your own process from scratch, no photo process theory books allowed, even academic ones.

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

So you're asking for a leg up, but not the leg up that folks who have been down that road before suggest? Ok.

Wuduv mentioned my workshop which starts in 2 weeks, but I'll probbly preech.

Self-teaching is fine but it's nice to be able to ask a question now and then. Videos aren't much help there.
    Wayne
    Wayne Lambert
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    www.waynelambert.net

I thought Sandy King had written an article on it but I guess not. His article on Kallitypes was a big help for me. I used these to get me going and they were of great help:

http://www.alternativephotography.co...nual-palladium

http://www.alternativephotography.co...pe-printmaking
    My website Flickr
    "There is little or no ‘reality’ in the blacks, grays and whites of either the informational or expressive black-and-white image" -Ansel Adams