Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ebay extends refund period for buyers

Re: Ebay extends refund period for buyers

Andrew, I don't know how big a skunk you are. You don't know how big a skunk I am. Are you sure you want to get into a pissing match?

Pissing matches are not appropriate here.

Please follow the guidelines, which state:

Your Responsibilities - By accessing this site, you agree:

-to keep your posts on-topic and civil, and
    -not to abuse other site users - including posting offensive comments (like personal attacks or insulting language), sending them threats, ...or baiting/enticing them to violate forum guidelines.
    I do not think that publicly naming a person as a trouble-buyer on ebay, without actually having documented experience to back it up, fits this guideline. Thus, it, and repeated retaliations by those so named, are not appropriate here. But you can't expect to name someone with whom you've had no experience and not expect a response--that is also baiting.

If you want to create such a list and offer it by email, it does not violate forum guidelines to say so. You've done that.

Rick "let it go" Denney

Perhaps 'bad bidder' etc was an unfair term of me to use, let me just say 'buyers/potential buyers on a blocked list'. The list spans over a decade and includes many many categories, not just LF gear. The names are ebay handles not 'actual' names so there is certainly a few degrees of anonymity, unless of course someone uses their real name as an ebay handle that is.

The only protection I can give myself is to either block bidders who may cause trouble or 'have' caused trouble in a past transaction, I just don't want to deal with them. If someone is insulting/rude in an e mail before a transaction has begun you can be quite sure things will not improve with age, those are the easy ones to deal with, its after the fact and they are the high bidder that the fun really starts. I don't need to be punched on the nose to know that it hurts, thats why I now duck.

Letting go..........letting go.........letting go............its gone.

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

I prefer to buy here because the folks that sell on here know what they are selling, I don't think I have ever seen an ad here on LF forum that says "don't know much about this stuff so selling as is" also what I like about the forum is that the folks selling don't seem to be selling to make a shit load of money but more to help one another out and usually either breaking even or losing a little, about the only thing I buy on the auction site is step up rings
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by nono2020 View Post
    I don't understand the big deal. I expect a return policy whenever I buy something whether it be from a local store, a Target or Wallymart or an ebay seller. A return policy tells me the seller is confident in what they are selling and they will stand behind it.
    Most eBay sellers are nothing like "Wallymart", and shouldn't be expected to offer the same level of service. There's a big difference between standing behind what you sell (which every eBay seller should do) and accepting a return because the buyer found another one for a better price, or they bounced the alimony check, or just decided they really didn't want it after all. "Buyer's remorse" is and should remain the buyer's problem.

too bad that so much time is spent on commerce, here and there....
    instead:

Time will say nothing but I told you so,
    Time only knows the price we have to pay,
    If I could tell you I would let you know.

(oct 1944. dead poet. only his books visit marfa)