Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay extends refund period for buyers

Re: Ebay extends refund period for buyers

Just be honest with your description and have a policy of no refunds. I actually stated for a long time in my auctions that "if you are a pain to deal with or if you are going to have remorse please don't bid....." but got an email from ebay stating that I could not use any language in my conditions that discouraged bidding! Whatever.

If I am going to sell something I typically weigh the value of the item versus how much of a pain it is to put something on ebay. I only use ebay if it will bring significantly more. I prefer to sell things through forums but sometimes with odd items there is no choice but to go with evilbay.

No matter how honest you are, no matter if you put NO RETURNS in the description, no matter you said AS IS...all a buyer needs to say is NOT AS DESCRIBED.

The way around this is not to have a description and don't reply to any requests then you can never be held for a return because of a scuff of 4mm on the base of the Deardorff/Wisner/Whatever that 'wasn't in the description'.

What is the big deal?

I know having to cough up some funds u thought u had sucks but it is no big deal. Sell it again.

I accept returns. No big f'ing deal really! I give FULL refunds only and give no partial refunds. ( I have yet to deal with the new rule about repairs. I would still just have them send it back)

I don't get worked up about returns. I get my stuff back they get their money. What is the big deal?
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

I don't understand the big deal. I expect a return policy whenever I buy something whether it be from a local store, a Target or Wallymart or an ebay seller. A return policy tells me the seller is confident in what they are selling and they will stand behind it. I have also been selling on ebay for ten years and have always offered a 7 day return policy. In ten years I have not had a single return. Granted I am not selling in high volume, but I find that if I am accurate in my description, a return policy is nothing more that a formality.

Additionally, It makes no sense to gripe about ebay's policy. If you don't like it, don't use it.

I have been on the other side of this discussion as a buyer. I did buy a camera lens for canon FD that was advertised as excellent condition and no returns. When i received the lens the aperture did not work... showed signs that it had been worked on.. major scoring from a split wrench, plus when you shook the lens it sounded like all the lenses were loose inside.... it was a real piece of crap that a seller tried to pass off on me...it was only 30 dollars but it was the principle of the matter. I actually talked to the seller on the phone... very bad english made it impossible to talk with him and work it out.... soo i made a complaint to paypal. There was a bad seller on Ebay that actually sold here ... it was the users that made him go away..That was a good thing......... So there are bad sellers out there who should consider maybe that mowing lawns would be better way to make money. I am pretty much getting out of the camera reseller biz because of the garbage out there. I make more money taking pictures anyway.

'I don't get worked up about returns. I get my stuff back they get their money. What is the big deal?'

Because you pay shipping one way and in some cases its a pretty good %, if you haven't had any returns then great...wait till you get the buyer like I had recently who bought an item, that I described as not working properly, and is returning it because...its not working properly.

Of course not ALL buyers are like this otherwise I wouldn't bother but like all aspects of human endeavor its the one bad apple that...ahh forget it.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    What is the big deal?

... What is the big deal?
    From both a buyer and seller perspective, many people feel their time is being wasted and they aren't getting "full satisfaction" despite being legally/ethically "made whole".

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

p.s. But, yes... in general... "what's the big deal?"

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    p.s. But, yes... in general... "what's the big deal?"
    hey, i have heard that before....

i took a return from europe on some waterhouse stops.....i ate the $36 shipping. the stops sold for about $125. a pretty big percentage. it sucked a bit but as a whole what is $36? 10 cents per day for a year?

btw i never even talked about who was going to pay. he sent e m back and i refunded all his monies. no big deal. i bet i could have "forced" him to pay the shipping.....but:

i took the return cause i said i would. no problem. i am sure i still have him as a potential buyer. good will still intact. i am sure he says positive things about me. in the end i bet i win far more than the $36 i lost that day.....
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Does the seller still have the option of a return with full refund or will eBay just do the partial as they see fit?