Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay extends refund period for buyers

Ebay extends refund period for buyers

Well it's been a month since I've sold something and FeeBay, and with baited breath I uploaded with TurboLister waiting for their newest rule change to be discovered.
    Error! You must increase the time allowed for refunds to comply with our policy!

Well, isn't that nice, my usual 3 day inspection period (used since 1998) is not good enough for FeeBay now, they have to let a buyer fondle it for a while longer! Hmmmm....wonder how long? My choices are 3 days...that didn't work. I'll up it to 7 days....nope, that didn't work, got the same vague error. Let's try a full 2 weeks? Yep! I win! I'm allowed to upload my 50 year old lens to let someone with no English language skills buy it, then make a complaint about something they don't understand. And if they decided it needs to be CLA'd, they can complain and Paypal will use MY funds to pay for it!

Rant over.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Ebay extends refund period for buyers

Did you try 10 days?

Do not offer refunds period.

That's what you get for using evilpay. Stop using it.

Sell your stuff here or on APUG and you won't have a problem.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Actually, that would be "bated breath". Baited breath would be wormy breath.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    Actually, that would be "bated breath". Baited breath would be wormy breath.
    Well thank you Proffessor Graves!

Leigh, I had it on here, it's the Angenieux F.95 micro 4/3 lens....not enough tiny shooters here. And as much as I hate Ebay and giving them all their fees, you can make more on a lot of items there. Price you pay I guess.

3 days is too short. Depending when an item arrives during my work week I may have zero chance to check it out within three days. 10 is actually reasonable, if you are going to offer refunds at all.

I don't know as I long ago quit selling on eBay and only buy, but can you say "no refunds" and then offer one at your discretion? That could be a way around a period longer than you're comfortable with. The scenario you describe is another possible problem.

Good point, I was being a little too conservative with 3 days, but I always figured when you get an item, you look at it and make sure it wasn't broken or misrepresented.
    Yes, at least in the past you could say "as is, no refunds" in the text. I'm not sure if Ebay officially let's you do that in their listing tool. Probably you always have to offer refunds, even if it's a bucket of old horseshoes!

Oh I will open it and visually check it, but some things just aren't apparent until you get to check a little closer. A week is adequate. 10 days is better. But I too would hate someone who really doesn't even know what he was buying trying to return it two weeks later after realizing it wasn't what he mistakenly thought. That would have to be annoying.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Buyers remorse stinks... just like when a buyer breaks the goods then says it broke in shipping.