My problem, or "the big deal" is that Ebay is forcing their policies to more and more encourage, solicit, expect people to return, complain, hold funds, etc.

No, it's not happened to me much at all in 14 years of selling on Ebay. What I don't want is for the likelihood to increase.

Yes, I would and do return anything for any reason. In my auctions I say, "your satisfaction is my goal, contact me if you have concerns or want to discuss a full refund." I've just seen a lot of good sellers, people I have bought from, suddenly get slammed with a bad feedback after years of 100% good. Does a poor feedback score affect future sales? Is paying shipping for a confused or clueless buyer part of business? Yes and yes. But Ebay is making sellers bend over backwards. A 14 day inspection for a 100 year old, used antique? The above post about expecting the ability do a return anywhere you buy, like at Walmart, doesn't apply. Walmart doesn't sell antique, used items. Goodwill does, and you get no returns there - walk out the door with it and it's yours.

CASE STUDY: I bought some mint looking wooden plate holders on ebay recently. The seller knew nothing, but had good pictures and was nice and responsive. I bought them, they arrived, I took a look and set them aside. They looked great, for 100 year old holders. A couple weeks later I picked one up by grabbing the center, and the darkslide cracked. Actually it broke into 5 pieces like eggshell. I chalked it up to "oh well, I better be more careful with the others." Another buyer might whine and complain and try to get a refund. See my point about Ebay making it too easy for buyers to get new manufacturing expectations out of used antiques?