Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ViewFinder app for Android

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    and how does that widest FOV width relate say to 4x5?
    On my samsung galaxy s, that's about 127mm

Re: ViewFinder app for Android

Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    As for me, I don't really care about saving the picture: I just use the app to frame it and decide what lens to use, so frame lines with the image inverted is fine by me. I think seeing the saved picture inverted is easy enough: in settings-display, disable auto rotation of the screen; at least, it works for picture viewed in the gallery ..

BTW, to be correct, the picture should be inverted both ways: upside-down and left-right ... but it should be an option of course

Stefan.
    I have looked how this could be done and there is no quick way of doing it. The camera API only support rotation, so the mirror need to be done in software. This feature will have to wait the next major release where I plan to introduce BW conversion with filters support.

Will you have this for iphone/ipad and for other fornats from 645 o 6x17 atleast? Thanka

Clever, but I take out myLF to get away from "technology" and closer to the "real" world. For now I like my 4x5 cutout in gatorboard with a knotted string for focal lengths. Replacements are cheap; no upgrades; no viruses.
    Duncan Dwelle

Quote Originally Posted by tenderobject View Post
    Will you have this for iphone/ipad and for other fornats from 645 o 6x17 atleast? Thanka
    I don't have a iPhone or iPad so it would be hard for me to test the application on this platform.

As of the supported format, the application impose absolutely no constraints. You can define all the format you want for any focal you like.

I've just purchased it to try on my Samsung Galaxy Note, since installing it everytime I try to use it it freezes, with the message 'unfortunately, viewfinder has stopped'

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problem with the application. I see that some error reports have been generated. Please try to clear all application data and make a fresh reinstall of the application. Sometime, problem occur at the installation process that lead to strange application behavior. If a reinstall doesn't make it, let me know and I'll look into it.

Call me crazy, I'm having an issue where I can't find the menu, the app starts, goes right to the camera view, I have an iris button and that's it.. umm. sorry if I'm just plain missing something. I'm using a Galaxy Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    Call me crazy, I'm having an issue where I can't find the menu, the app starts, goes right to the camera view, I have an iris button and that's it.. umm. sorry if I'm just plain missing something. I'm using a Galaxy Nexus.
    What you are describing seems to be the normal application main screen. If thing are working normally, from there you should be able to press the menu key that will display the main menu that gives you access to the settings preference panel and to the viewing frame setup screen. To take a picture with the iris button, you first need to select the frame line that you want to use. To do that, you simply click with the desired frame. Some masking should then be added indicating the selected frame line. Hope this help.

You can define all the format you want for any focal you like.
    Maybe I missed something. How can you define a focal length on a format which requires a field of view that is greater than the taking lens of the IPHONE? For example a 47mm lens on a 4x5? How would that work?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"